Our 2nd Annual Vital Voices Festival panel on “The Rising Tide of Disinformation and Digital Dictatorship,” offered a cross-cultural analysis on the issue of disinformation with expert commentary from the Honorable Neema Lugangira of Tanzania, Paulina Ibarra of Chile, Neysara of India and Alena Popova of Russia, who were in conversation with Manira Alva, Vital Voices’ Vice President of Issue Advocacy. During the discussion, the panelists explored what is occurring right now in the world of fact and fiction, what they are experiencing, solutions, and what we can all do about it to bring more truth to the surface.
Watch the replay below:
- Paulina Ibarra: Executive Director, Fundacion Multitudes
- Honorable Neema Lugangira: Member of Parliament, Tanzania & Founder
- Omuka Hub (Tanzania) Neysara: Human Rights Activist & Founder, TransgenderIndia.com
- Alena Popova: Russian Opposition Politician & Public Policy Fellow, Wilson Center
- In conversation with Manira Alva: Vice President, Issue Advocacy, Vital Voices