Information Collected. The following are examples of donor information collected and maintained by Vital Voices Global Partnership:
- Contact information: name, organization, complete address, phone number, email address
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information
- Shipping information: name, organization, complete address
- Information concerning how a donor heard about Vital Voices Global Partnership
- Additional information a donor wishes to share: questions, comments, suggestions
- Donor’s request to receive periodic updates; i.e., direct mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, emails and newsletters
How Information is Used. Vital Voices Global Partnership uses donor information to understand needs and provide better service. Specifically, Vital Voices Global Partnership uses donor information to assist in completing transactions, donor communication, and updating donors on organizational programming. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes.
No Sharing of Personal Information. Vital Voices Global Partnership will not sell, lease, or otherwise share personal donor information with unaffiliated third parties unless it receives advance written consent from the donor or is required to do so by legal process. Vital Voices Global Partnership may share donor information with third-party service providers when necessary, such as when processing transactions.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. Additionally, all email correspondence to donors includes the ability to “opt-out” or unsubscribe from future mailings.
1. Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about you when you visit our Site: personally identifiable information and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our Site that you have visited and your IP address).
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. We collect and store the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personally identifiable information on the Site:
- When you register access any features on the Site, including any chat rooms or other interactive pages, you will be required to give some personal information to participate, such as your first and last name and email address;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question or seek more information about one of the services or events described on the Site;
- We may collect your name, email address and billing information if you make a donation via the Site or seek to become a Partner or Sponsor via the Site;
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, address, zip code and pertinent billing information if you register for an event on the Site;
- We may collect your email address if you sign up for an online newsletter or other mailers distributed to visitors to the Site;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question; and
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a promotion.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
"Non-personally identifiable information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or your interests. Even if you do not register with Vital Voices, we collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Site. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Site and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address -- Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Site to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Site.
- Cookie -- A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Site. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Site.
- Demographic Information -- "Demographic Information" may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Site. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Site meets your needs.
The above list provides an example of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Site. We may, at times, collect information in manners that are not described above.
2. User Name and Password
Certain parts of the Site will require you to register and obtain a password in order to enjoy the services offered on the applicable pages of the Site. When you try to access features of the Site that require registration, you may be prompted to input your username and password information.
3. Email Communication from Vital Voices
When you participate in certain services and activities, you will have the option of signing up to receive emails from Vital Voices as reminders or notifications. You may also unsubscribe to any emails that you receive from Vital Voices by clicking the “UNSUBSCRIBE” button at the bottom of the email.
4. Suggestions You Make to Vital Voices
5. Public Areas of the Site
Certain places within the Site, such as online communities, forums, blog pages or other public areas, may allow users to post comments or communications that are publicly accessible and non-confidential. The views expressed in content appearing in discussion forums are entirely those of the originators, and should not be attributed in any manner to Vital Voices, its affiliated organizations, or members of its Board of Directors or the organizations they represent.
Any information shared, including personally identifiable information, that you reveal in these public areas is not going to be maintained as private and will be accessible to the public. Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
6. Children Under the Age of 13
Neither Vital Voices nor any of its services are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. If we do determine that a child under the age of 13 has submitted information to Vital Voices, we will delete it.
7. Links to Third Party Sites
8. How Vital Voices Handles Privacy and Security Internally
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains as secure as reasonably possible. Here are some of the security procedures that Vital Voices uses to protect your privacy:
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Utilizes Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personally identifiable information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Site. We may post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
9. Contacting Vital Voices
Please contact Vital Voices at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your personally identifiable information or if you would like to otherwise make a change to such information.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Site.
Effective Date: December 21, 2015
Last Update: December 21, 2015