On Thursday, May 5th Vital Voices hosted an unforgettable conversation, powered by Bank of America, featuring:
- Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Anne Finucane, Chairman of Bank of America Europe
- Senator Gillibrand (D-NY)
- Huma Abedin, Chief of Staff for Secretary Hillary Clinton
- Bozoma Saint John, Marketing Executive
- Dr. Obiageli “Oby” Ezekwesili, President of Human Capital Africa and Senior Economic Adviser at Africa Economic Development Policy Initiative (AEDPI)
- Maria Eugenia “Mayu” Brizuela de Avila
- Amber Tamblyn, Actress and Activist
This conversation honored Secretary Madeleine Albright’s legacy, discussed how women’s leadership bridges divides, and shined a spotlight on the power of mentorship to accelerate women leaders and changemakers.
The legacy of Madeleine Albright is that we do have to fight for our power. And if we do not fight for that power, it will be taken away.
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
Guided by the shared belief that strong women leaders are a driving force for political, economic, and social change, Vital Voices and Bank of America have been accelerating women’s leadership through the Global Ambassadors Program since 2012. Together, we build on a shared history of investing in leadership development. Our work is designed to provide mentorship opportunities, linking established women executives to emerging women leaders at a tipping point in their professional, business, and leadership paths.
Watch the livestream recording below.