Vital Voices is seeking an experienced, Trauma-Informed Digital Security Trainer to support mentorship calls and activities and training at a three-day workshop as part of a fellowship program for service providers to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) and the refugee/migrant population in the Balkan region. The fellowship program will focus on sharing skills and knowledge in the areas of both digital security and psychosocial support for advocates and service providers. The Trauma-Informed Digital Security Trainer will develop content and facilitate discussion to support the program’s first area of focus on promoting digital security for participating fellows and their respective networks. The work location for this position will be remote, with a three-day workshop and one in-country planning day in Thessaloniki, Greece. This is a temporary position. The start date for this position is immediate and the consultancy will run through February 28, 2019.
- Take part in monthly small and large-group calls with 14 mentees from 13 organizations in 9 countries to provide digital security support from November 2018 – January 2019.
- Provide individual mentorship as requested to support security learning, organizational and behavior change strategy, and creating and integrating evolving threat assessments.
- Create any content that individuals or groups require, such as how-to guidance for security tools, lead discussions on organizational policies around security, and facilitate interactions among fellows to share knowledge and learnings.
- Develop content on digital security for service-providing organizations and individuals for the four-day workshop
- Facilitate sessions on trauma-informed digital security with a focus on secure data storage, data sharing, and digital communications in three-day meeting in Thessaloniki, Greece, for a group of 14 program fellows from February 19-21, 2019.
- Participate in a one day of planning in Thessaloniki, Greece, along with other expert consultants and Vital Voices Human Rights staff on February 18, 2019, prior to the workshop.
- Liaise with the Vital Voices team in the lead up to the program
- Deep expertise in digital security and trauma-informed systems
- Background in providing trauma-informed digital security training in the context of gender-based violence, the refugee/migrant population, and/or conflict settings
- Experience delivering an interactive and participatory pedagogy in an adult-learning environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop & adapt program content to be applicable to various cultural contexts
- Ability to travel to Thessaloniki, Greece, for the three-day workshop and one in-country planning day from February 18-21, 2019
- Preferred experience working in international settings, especially within the Balkans region
- Past experience working with women’s networks is desirable
- Preferred proficiency in one or more foreign languages, especially local languages in the Balkan region
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail the following to HR@vitalvoices.org using “Position Title – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- a letter of interest indicating salary expectations and availability
- a PPT or sample syllabus, a video of you conducting a training or giving a talk
- three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until 5:00 PM (EST) on October 31, 2018. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.