Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong program implementation, organizational skills, and case management skills for the position of Temporary Program Assistant, Afghanistan Crisis Response.
The Temporary Program Assistant will assist the GNRE team in Albania and the VVHQ to support the remaining Vital Voices-sponsored Afghans awaiting permanent resettlement. They will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the Afghanistan Crisis Response, Manager.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administrative Assistance: Support program and finance teams with the management of subawards, including reviewing reports, receipts, and processing payment requests.
- Program Support: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of agenda for meetings, organizing meetings, developing content and other material. Support coordination with internal and external stakeholders including on the resettlement, development, health and wellness of our Afghan evacuees and with potential community partners. Liaise with external partners for legal and other support services to the Afghan community.
- Regional Expertise: Apply regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners, especially from the Asia region.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Global Network & Regional Engagement programs.
- Research & Data: Maintain a database of all refugees for tracking purposes and record keeping, and support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data. Train and assist others to keep database up to date.
- DE&I: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly in the Asia region (with preference for Afghanistan) REQUIRED;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Dari/Pashto;
- Experience with database management preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce, Asana and Monday.com); Willingness to try out new tech options and assist others a must.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC through December 31, 2022. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position. This position will likely be extended through December 31, 2023 pending funding approval.
The starting salary range for this position is $43,905-53,661 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/exez
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.