Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years, we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices is seeking an entrepreneurial temporary Benefits and Wellness Specialist to cover our full-time Benefits and Wellness Specialist while she is out on maternity leave. The Benefits and Wellness specialist will utilize our organization-wide benefits and wellness strategy to support and cultivate a positive employee culture. Under the Direction of the VP People Operations, the Benefits and Wellness Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
The Specialist will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information;
- Lead new hire onboarding process, including but not limited to coordination with broader onboarding team, scheduling orientation sessions, leading various orientation sessions, HRIS system setup and access, support with required onboarding paperwork, overseeing departmental milestone training, and facilitating onboarding buddy connection and support;
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility and assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes;
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes;
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries;
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA;
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities;
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment;
- Assists with the open enrollment process;
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges and administers all wellness programs in the organization;
- Provide staff support and education around the benefits available, including enrollment education, scope of benefits, and encouragement to utilize.
- Plans and runs programs to promotes wellness and fitness initiatives in the organization including speakers, seminars, personal training, and voluntary fitness activities to promote healthy lifestyles; answers questions and collects feedback from participants;
- Collaborates with the People Ops and Ops team to identify cost-effective wellness programs and incentives;
- In accordance with applicable law, assesses and analyzes the general physical and mental health needs of the employee population;
- Assists employees with personal concerns and assessments; provides recommendations and referrals for counseling, crisis intervention, and treatment;
- Drafts and maintains accurate, confidential records and reports as required to track and assess employee participation, program incentives, costs, and benefits to the company;
- Drafts reports and proposals for wellness initiatives and action plans (including cost-benefit analyses) for presentation to upper management;
- Assists with preparation and implementation of wellness budget, policies, and procedures including an org-wide COVID-19 Employee policy under the direction of the VP, People Ops;
- Supporting the VP of People Ops and Employee Resource Group Leaders with development and execution of community building initiatives and events, as well as facilitation of Employee Resource Group Meetings;
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment, and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices’ organization culture and success;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software required;
- Associates degree in HR or related field, but experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for the education required;
- Two years of experience in HR and/or benefits administration required;
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field of study preferred;
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification credentials preferred.
This position is a full-time, exempt, and temporary position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $55,000- $80,000 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/ftup
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.