Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 20,000 change makers across 184 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the Tech and Innovation department and foster engagement on the Vital Voices Community Hub and working in close collaboration with team members across the organization through various matrix teams to support technology infrastructure and innovation. The Intern will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
This position reports to the Zaima Alam, Tech and Innovation Coordinator.
We are accepting interns on either a full-time or part time basis. The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. The position is unpaid, but students will receive a stipend of $1000 per month for full time interns or $500 per month for part time interns and/or may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. We are currently accepting applications for the Spring semester. Spring internships will run ideally from January 30th (negotiable) through mid-May.
Interns can either be remote or based in DC.
Applications for the Spring internship should be submitted by December 2nd at 11:59pm EDT.
· On-the-job training for a variety of skills
· Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
· A chance to learn about international development and advocacy
· Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
· Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship (as requested)
· Community Hub: Support users and staff with technical issues, tracking bugs and feedback to incorporate into product development plans.
· Assist with identifying, collecting, and analyzing metrics to build and improve Community Hub strategies.
· Information Technology Systems: Supporting the management of VV technology including but not limited to Microsoft 365, Asana, 1Passowrd, etc.
· Provide in-depth research and one-page memos on new technology trends, administrative work to improve current systems, logistics for the Vital Voices Innovation Lab and creating training for technology best practices, online community engagement, web security, etc.
· Supporting with logistical and operational communications across VV’s software and network
· DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
· Other special projects and duties as assigned
· Majoring in International Studies/Relations/Affairs, Business Administration, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or other relevant fields;
· Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development, and/or tech and social impact, women’s leadership
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate
· Experience with MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, project management tools and database software (i.e., Salesforce) preferred
· Experience in network management and help desk support is preferred
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
How to Apply:
Please apply for the position through the following link: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7105402/Tech-and-Innovation-Internship-Application-Spring-2023
Applications must include the following in order to be considered for review:
· Cover letter
· Availability (for example, if you are available part time, include the days and times when you could work)
· Two references (including contact information)
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.