Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 20,000 change makers across 184 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the Development & Strategic Partnerships team and provide support to development staff, explore all aspects of the fundraising pipeline from prospect research to solicitation to stewardship; support ongoing and event-driven media relations and fundraising activities; support the amplification of women leaders in our Global Leadership Network; and promote all regional and issue-area programmatic activities. The Intern will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences
We are accepting interns on either a full-time or part time basis. The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. The position is unpaid, but students will receive a stipend of $1000 per month for full time interns or $500 per month for part time interns and/or may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. We are currently accepting applications for the Spring semester. Spring internships will run ideally from January 30th through the end of the academic semester (flexible depending on school schedule). Interns may work in person or remotely for the Spring semester. Applications for the Spring internship should be submitted by December 2nd at 11:59pm EST, but will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- On-the-job training for a variety of skills
- Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- A chance to learn about international development and advocacy
- Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship (as requested)
- Prospect Research: Creating in-depth research documents on prospective funders including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Database Support: Assisting in the maintenance of the organization’s donor database and gift processing
- Stewardship: Maintaining acknowledgment processes, ensuring gift acknowledgment in a timely manner
- Donor Communications: Contribute to digital appeals, campaigns and donor communications projects
- Other related duties as assigned
- Passion for the work that Vital Voices does around the world
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate; with an interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development, and/or women’s leadership
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow this link and submit all portions of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.