Vital Voices Global Partnership, a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation. Through our Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship (EEE) work, VVGP invests in women business leaders globally to strengthen their decision-making power, grow their businesses, and ultimately increase their positive impact on society. Our current portfolio of EEE programs provide individualized technical assistance, business and leadership training, and support in building strategic partnerships, expanding access to networks and influencing stakeholders to address the gaps in women’s economic engagement around the world.
Vital Voices seeks a Senior Program Coordinator to coordinate and support all initiatives and programming related to the WEEmpower UN SDG Challenge and the Fortune – U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program within the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship team. This role will be responsible for supporting the execution of these two programs, and is a great opportunity to coordinate all elements of high-profile, high-impact entrepreneurship, leadership, and mentorship programming.
- Coordination and execution of the logistical and programmatic elements of the WEEmpower and Fortune programs
- Coordinate logistics with vendors, soliciting bids from vendors, negotiating terms and cost, and ensuring quality control. Liaise with internal and external events staff to coordinate logistics and vendors.
- Manage staff and participant logistics including (but not limited to) booking flights, securing hotel rooms, local transportation and assisting with visa applications.
- Follow the established strategic vision to develop program agendas, content and preparatory resources. This includes application design and dissemination, the recruitment and selection of participants. Collaborate with trainers and speakers to create training content and facilitate sessions.
- Prepare, edit and disseminate essential programmatic and logistical briefing materials
- Build and maintain relationships with program alumnae and facilitate connections across alumnae network.
- Support management of program interns
- Provide general programmatic support for the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship team. This includes communication and strengthening connections with all Vital Voices program alumnae through social media, events and regular personal contact.
- Remain abreast of economic empowerment issues
- Support administrative activities and respond to program inquiries
- Coordinate special projects as requested
Relationship Management and Communications:
- Maintain communication with alumnae via email and social media, liaise with internal communications teams and manage external communications for the programs, including social media promotion, newsletter creation, and identifying and creating content for storytelling opportunities to highlight participants and the programs.
- Serve as the main point of contact for participants, staff, partners, vendors and consultants
Finance and Administrative Support:
- Manage daily financial and administrative tasks. Process invoices, vendor payment requests, expense reports, contracts and procurement requests. Assist with program budget management and reporting.
- Coordinate sub award grants, working closely with Finance Department to ensure proper compliance with sub-grant policies and procedures and managing reporting requirements.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Evaluate and communicate program impact, creating surveys and other measurement tools as needed for reports and marketing materials.
- Prepare reports to document findings and propose recommendations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field with strong interest in women’s economic empowerment
- 2-4 years of related experience. Program/project management, facilitation and logistics experience required, including travel, accommodations, etc.
- High-energy, dedicated, and excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as part of a dynamic team, with a commitment to seeing a project through to successful completion
- Innate attention to detail and keen writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and experience working with international populations and high-level stakeholders
- Advanced computer proficiency, including strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Survey Gizmo skills
- Social media competency
- Basic monitoring and evaluation knowledge and experience a plus
- Positive attitude, Passion for women’s leadership, Appetite for learning and growth
- A people-person who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- Must be able to travel within the United States and internationally. All travel and business-related expenses will be paid by Vital Voices.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC and requires approximately 15% international and domestic travel. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply: https://jobso.id/bw2j
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Cover Letter
- Salary expectations
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.