Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 20,000 change makers across 184 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Finance Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a talented accounting professional. This position will manage Vital Voices’ accounts payable, credit card program, and expense reporting functions as well as support general accounting duties such as balance sheet and other organization reconciliations. The Senior Accountant will also play a key role in providing ongoing training to staff as well as making process improvements to this position’s area of responsibility. This position will also have to opportunity to play a key leadership role in the selection and implementation of AP and expense reporting software to support the Finance Operations’ Department vision of fully leveraging technology for efficiency, accuracy, and ease of use.
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and work collaboratively with members of the Finance, Operations and Peoples Ops (Human Resources) teams and across the organization. This position will also work closely with Vital Voices’ managed accounting services (MAS) team. This position is based in Washington, DC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Accounts Payable: Ensure the timely processing of weekly payment packages to include review for completeness, accuracy, and any necessary validation with open contracts and agreements. Work closely with third party payment processor and bank to mitigate for any payment issues. Ensure accurate data entry-integration to accounting system as well as housing of payment documentation for audit and record retention purposes. Responsible for W-9 collection and year-end 1099 issuance.
- Credit Card Program: Coordinate and support Vital Voices’ credit card program including card issuance, issue resolution, support, and review of monthly reconciliation reports to ensure compliance with the organization’s credit card policies and procedures. Reconcile monthly credit cards assigned for operations level expenditures including organization-wide travel.
- Payroll / Time & Labor Support: Support the Time & Labor (time sheet) module of the organization’s Payroll System (Paylocity). This includes ensuring all employees have access to the correct cost centers, supervisees and adhere to time keeping policies and semi-monthly submission deadlines.
- Banking / Treasury: Serve as a key point of contact for Vital Voices’ banking and treasury relationships, including accurate set up for key functionalities such as remote deposit and wire transfers. This position will also handle bi-weekly check deposits.
- General Accounting: Prepare and reconcile select monthly balance sheet reconciliations as well as recurring and adjusting monthly journal entries. Prepare hotel and event cost deposit reconciliations in collaboration with implementing program and event staff. Support the issuance and follow up of select invoices.
- Support the annual audit by preparing audit schedules and testing documents as well as interfacing with auditors on areas of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and procedures, with a focus on area of position key responsibilities as well as provide staff training on fiscal and operational policies and procedures of the organization relevant to position.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects
Supervisory Requirements: None
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 4 years accounting experience; CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with a range of PC platform applications, including Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with mid-sized accounting software and reporting package(s), preferred
- Demonstrated experience in accounts payable / payment management / 1099 preparation, preferred
- Experience supporting annual financial audits, preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through on multiple projects / deadlines with minimal oversight
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as a team player
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
The starting salary range for this position is $85,823-$116,216 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/fg5x
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.