The Vital Voices team is seeking an Albania-based consultant to support the Afghan Women’s Fund team. The consultant will work closely with Vital Voices staff in-country and in DC, as well as Vital Voices’ local partners in Tirana, to ensure the safety and well-being of Afghan visa-seekers temporarily residing in Albania. Successful applicants will have strong interpersonal and administrative skills, experience in case management, and in-depth knowledge of Albanian social services. We are accepting applications until October 18, 2021.
The purpose of the Afghan Women’s Fund initiative is to protect, swiftly evacuate, and support the dignified resettlement of the highest risk Afghan women’s rights advocates and their families. These leaders faced daily death threats and grave risks because of their work and public profile.
Vital Voices has been providing reception and initial support services to evacuees from Afghanistan since their arrival in Albania, as part of an ongoing agreement with the Albanian government. VV is responsible for supporting these individuals throughout their stay in Albania. As of 24 Sept 2021, the overall group VV is assisting consists of 70 individuals, with more expected to arrive. Group members are “sponsored by” VV, and affiliated with various US-based entities. The purpose of this role is to manage the cases of those Afghans under Vital Voices’ care, and to liaise with local authorities and social services to ensure their safety and well-being throughout their time in Albania, until they are permanently resettled.
- Manages refugee cases, ensuring timely delivery of services to families.
- Coordinate and provide airport reception and transportation of new Afghans in Albania, managing logistics with local partners and authorities.
- Develop case management guidelines, in collaboration with local and DC-based VV staff.
- Maintain and document case files for each person/family group and manage database.
- Provide on-going case management including core services delivery and maintenance assistance services to eligible clients throughout the program service period.
- Coordinate with local partners to:
- Conduct arrival needs assessments, assurance, and US-visa applicability screening and orientation
- Assist in housing set-up for refugees as required.
- Provide English classes, vocational education, job training, childcare, cultural orientation and other referrals and services, as well as transportation to appointments.
- Provide interpretation and translation services to refugee clients.
- Conduct home visits as needed and appropriate.
- Prepare and document direct client assistance requests and disbursements.
- Develop and document a budget for each case with expenditures and dates.
- Coordinate employment services, including job orientations, in a timely manner to assist refugees in achieving self-sufficiency.
- Stays abreast of refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to refugees, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Perform other related duties as requested by VV leadership.
Education: Associate Degree or 3 years of relative work experience.
- At least three years demonstrated work experience with refugee resettlement case management or other direct social services;
- In-depth knowledge of Albanian social services and legal framework;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the Eastern Europe region preferred;
- Experience with database management and gender-based violence case management preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
- Albanian and English fluency required, Dari and/or Pashto language skills preferred; and
- Has status as a legal resident with right to work in Albania.
Submission of Proposals
Respondents to this request for proposal must submit their proposal to email@example.com. Responses must be received no later than October 18, 2021 and should be clearly marked “Afghan Case Manager” in the subject of the email.
Questions about the RFP can be submitted to Noha Alkamcha at NohaAlkamcha@vitalvoices.org