Background / Introduction:
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
Vital Voices is seeking an experienced Development Writer Consultant with strong, persuasive writing skills to support Vital Voices’ fundraising efforts.
Working closely with the Communications team, the consultant will draft fundraising proposals, prospecting decks, project summaries, board presentations, and impact reports to elevate Vital Voices’ programming and impact in support of our bold new 2030 vision. The consultant will collaborate with cross-functional departments to secure funding opportunities for Vital Voices.
- Proposal Development: Write and edit competitive proposals to prospects for major gift solicitations designed for corporations, foundations, and individuals. Connect with technical and program experts to obtain content to develop impactful proposals, letters of inquiry, concept notes and other development documents.
- Proposal Management Process: Serve as the lead proposal writer and manager of the proposal process. Design and implement an internal grant management process and document/collateral online storage system. Build library of Vital Voices’ writing assets for use by staff (i.e. brief overviews, one-pagers, concept notes, presentations, decks, etc.). Work with graphic designer on proposal and report designs.
- Reporting: Prepare stewardship reports, donor updates and materials to enable key partners to understand and appreciate the impact their gifts have made on our efforts to advance women’s leadership globally.
- Prospect Research: Assist in prospect research and recommend high-yield funding opportunities to pursue new opportunities aligned with Vital Voices’ strategic priorities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The anticipated hours needed to provide services are 40 hours per week. The expected contract duration is through December 31, 2022.
Anticipated Selection Schedule
Request for Proposal Issuance: October 10, 2021
Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: October 15, 2021
Proposal Deadline: October 29, 2021
Contract Award: November 10, 2021
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
Respondents to this request for proposal must submit their proposal to [MadelineFetterly@vitalvoices.org]. Responses must be received no later than October 29, 2021 and should be clearly marked “Development Writer Consultant” in the subject of the email.
Questions about the RFP can be submitted to Madeline Fetterly at [MadelineFetterly@vitalvoices.org]
Elements of Proposal
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- A Resume
- A no more than three-page narrative outlining experiences, strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they relate to the Project goals and scope of services.
- Three professional references
- Five plus years of experience in Development, Fundraising, Communications, or related field with a focus on original writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field, plus five years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field or a related field, plus two years of work experience REQUIRED.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to craft compelling narratives through storytelling with keen attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial approach with ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
A successful respondent will:
- Demonstrate the that they have the expertise, skills and capabilities to successfully provide the requested services
- Offer a competitive cost for services
- Will be able to begin working with the applicants immediately
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office strongly preferred; intermediate level or higher Microsoft Excel skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to details and accuracy.