Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Global Regional & Network Engagement Department seeks a talented professional with strong international gender-based violence (GBV) subject matter expertise for the position of Program Manager, Urgent Assistance Program (UAF). The Program Manager will lead all aspects of the Urgent Assistance Program. In addition, the Program Manager will lead the day-to-day management of technical assistance projects, program sub grantees, and other projects as a part of the Voices Against Violence Initiative. This position is based in Washington, DC and will work closely with and report to the Director of Prevention and Response Initiatives. This role supervises and supports the development of four members of the Global Network & Regional Engagement team, three of whom will be direct reports to the Program Manager/Senior Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Subject Matter Expertise: Bring a deep understanding of gender-based violence, its root causes, the ways in which it manifests in different global contexts, and its impacts on victims/survivors and society. Maintain an understanding of challenges associated with addressing GBV, including major issues facing different countries worldwide, and challenges associated with social norms and insecure settings. Maintain an understanding of international best practices in GBV service provision, including identifying key stakeholders, and legal, political, and governmental structures.
- Program Management: Manage the day-to-day implementation of special projects, including the Urgent Assistance Program, within the program from design phase through planning, implementation, evaluation and close out. Serve as the primary approver for Urgent Assistance cases, including providing oversight, guidance and best practices on case management, and participation in evening, weekend and holiday supervisory rotations. Ensure adherence to program plans and schedules as well as develop solutions to problems. Engage with local organizations in the implementation and troubleshooting of projects. Manage training workshops or other projects as part of program. Manage partner subgrantee agreements and ensure project deliverables are met on time and on budget. Coordinate with Finance and Administration Department to develop, maintain and monitor any other relevant subgrant processes.
- Financial Management: Manage program budgets, as well as updated forecasts. Track spending on project and review for accuracy. Ensure that all financial transactions are done in accordance with VV and donor regulations. Institute due diligence practices to minimize risk and ensure adequate oversight of transactions.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Manage design and implementation of M&E instruments, in consultation with other relevant team members, including M&E Specialist. Demonstrate program impact through M&E analysis in presentations and reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders both in the U.S. and in countries of operation. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on Vital Voices’ behalf. Act as point of contact for partner organizations; coordinate communications; manage roles and responsibilities; administer sub-grants; and serve as liaison for the Human Rights Department to other organizational departments and programs, when appropriate.
- Communications: Collaborate with team members to produce donor reports, create one-pagers, concept notes, and other communications for the Human Rights Department and specific programs. Oversee and edit program content and descriptions for Vital Voices website and other print or electronic media.
- Employee Engagement: As part of program management, identify, recruit, and manage engagement of potential program consultants and/or staff members. Actively participate in hiring processes. Further, the position will provide support for Urgent Assistance Program staff, including promoting strategies to support wellness, burnout prevention and mitigate exposure to and effects of secondary trauma.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Program Manager: bachelor’s degree plus five years of relevant experience; OR graduate degree in international affairs/development, social work or related field plus three years of experience in relevant program management or related experience;
- Advanced professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian required, with a strong preference for French;
- Experience living/working overseas, with a preference for experience living and/or working in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Minimum of three years of experience working on GBV issues in an international context,
- A minimum of three years of experience providing direct support to victims/survivors of GBV, including leading direct service programs that provide crisis intervention, shelter, legal services and/or psychosocial support including secondary trauma
- Professional experience working with a client/case management database;
- Proven track record of strong program management skills, including program planning and implementation, financial management, tracking and managing budgets, monitoring and evaluation, and managing donor relations;
- Exceptional ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver high-quality results within tight timelines with minimal supervision, on time and within budget;
- Experience supervising and leading development of at least two direct reports,;
- Demonstrated experience working in and passion for gender/women’s issues, specifically GBV;
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices’ mission and values.
- Background knowledge and experience working on topics related to harmful traditional practices and in conflict/unstable settings;
- Experience with public speaking and training in international contexts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce strongly preferred;
- Experience working on projects funded by the U.S. State Department or other U.S. Government departments/agencies a plus.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The Urgent Assistance Program requires working with explicit information on gender-based violence that may expose staff to secondary trauma.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e6r2
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.