Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
The Human Rights team seeks a talented professional with strong international gender-based violence (GBV) and U.S. Federal Government program management and sub-award management skills for the position of Program Manager/Senior Program Manager, Human Rights. The Program Manager will lead the Urgent Assistance Program. In addition, the Program Manager will lead the day-to-day management of technical assistance projects, program sub grantees, and other projects as a part of the Voices Against Violence Initiative. This position is based in Washington, DC and will work closely and report to the Director of Prevention and Response Initiatives, Human Rights. This role supports the development of four members of the Human Rights team, three directly and one indirectly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Expertise: Maintain understanding of gender-based violence challenges and best practices, including key stakeholders, legal/political/governmental structures, security situation, social norms, and major issues facing different countries worldwide.
- Program Management: Manage the day-to-day implementation of special projects, including the Urgent Assistance Fund, within the program from design phase through planning, implementation, evaluation and close out. Serve as the primary approver for Urgent Assistance cases, including participation in evening, weekend and holiday supervisory rotations. Ensure adherence to program plans and schedules as well as develop solutions to problems. Engage with local organizations in the implementation and troubleshooting of projects. Manage training workshops or other projects as part of program. Manage partner sub grantee contracts and work products. Coordinate with Finance and Administration to develop, maintain and monitor any other relevant sub-grant processes.
- Financial Management: Manage program budgets, as well as updated forecasts. Track spending on project and review for accuracy. Ensure that all financial transactions are done in accordance with VV and donor regulations. Institute due diligence practices to minimize risk and ensure adequate oversight of transactions.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Manage design and implementation of M&E instruments, in consultation with other relevant team members. Demonstrate program impact through M&E analysis in presentations and reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders both in the U.S. and in countries of operation. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Act as point of contact for partner organizations; coordinate communication; manage roles and responsibilities; and administer sub-grants; and serve as liaison for Human Rights team to other organizational teams and programs, when appropriate.
- Communications: Collaborate with team members to help provide donor reports, create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific programs. Oversee and edit program content and descriptions for VV website and other print or electronic media.
- Employee Engagement: As part of program management, identify, recruit, and manage engagement of potential program consultants and/or staff members. Actively participate in hiring process. Further, the position will provide support for Urgent Assistance Program staff, including promoting strategies to support wellness, burnout prevention and mitigate secondary trauma exposure.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience; OR graduate degree in international affairs/development or related field plus three years of experience in program management or related experience required for PM role;
- Senior Program Manager role requires Bachelor’s degree plus seven years of experience, OR graduate degree in international affairs/development or related filed plus five years of experience;
- Experience supervising and leading development of at least two direct reports, required;
- Minimum of three years of experience working on GBV in an international context, strongly preferred;
- Experience of working on USG grants or cooperative agreements, such as US State Department or USAID grants, strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and passion for gender/women’s issues, specifically GBV;
- A minimum of two years of experience providing direct support for victims/survivors of GBV, including leading direct service programs that provide crisis intervention, shelter, legal services and/or psychosocial support required; Background and experience related to harmful traditional practices and conflict/unstable settings strongly preferred;
- A proven track record of strong program management including planning & implementation, financial management, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, and managing donor relations;
- Experience living/working overseas required, with a preference for experience living and/or working in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Experience with research and data analysis and reporting;
- Experience with public speaking and training in international contexts;
- Advanced professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian required, with a strong preference for French strongly preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize work, execute exceptionally well, and deliver high-quality results within very tight timelines with minimal supervision, on time and in budget;
- A minimum of two years of experience supervising employees;
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices mission and values;
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working with a client/case management database required;
- Experience working with Salesforce strongly preferred.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references at: https://jobso.id/cjys . No phone calls or recruiters please.