Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years, we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with deep regional experience in the Sub-Saharan Africa region and in providing case management for emergency assistance relating to gender-based violence for the position of Program Manager, Africa. The Program Manager, Africa’s primary responsibilities include supporting the Voices Against Violence Initiative, managing sub-awards to local partners, processing urgent assistance cases in Sub-Saharan Africa, and providing linguistic expertise for gender-based violence programs in French. The Program Manager, Africa works in close collaboration with the full Urgent Assistance team and the Crisis Response Department to best serve survivors of gender-based violence. Additionally, the Program Manager, Africa will lead the implementation of Vital Voices’ regional strategy for Africa and will provide regional expertise for the Crisis Response Department. The Program Manager, Africa works directly with the Director, Global Networks and Regional Engagement.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program Management: Manage program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally and domestically. Provide case management for urgent financial assistance component of the VAV program.
- Regional & Linguistic Expertise: Provide linguistic expertise in French for gender-based violence and crisis response programming. This includes outreach, case management, and other related activities.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Provide support for management of sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Assist with drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners, particularly related to emergency financial assistance program. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, women leaders in the region, and vendors.
- Communications: Support the creation of one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for the Global Network and Regional Engagement team and specific Africa-related programs. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 3 years of work experience REQUIRED.
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues, refugee issues, and human rights, particularly gender-based violence, REQUIRED.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English, REQUIRED.
- Excellent oral and written communications in French language, REQUIRED.
- Experience providing case management in the context if direct service provision strongly preferred, with a preference for GBV case management experience.
- Experience living, working, or studying in Sub-Saharan region preferred.
- Grant management experience including developing of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees and partners.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $78,564-$96,023 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/fu3g
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.