Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong program implementation and case management skills for the position of Afghanistan Program Manager, with expertise working with refugee populations, especially from crisis-affected countries, specifically Afghanistan, to support our relocation efforts on the ground in Albania as well as management of our numerous subawards supporting women-led Afghan organizations.
The Manager will lead all resettlement efforts and manage local staff on the ground in Albania as well as provide additional programmatic strategy and management to programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Program Manager’s primary responsibilities focus on monitoring the operation, managing the subawards to local partners, managing field staff, ensuring refugee needs are being met, partnership management, and information management tasks. The Program Manager for Afghanistan works in close collaboration with the Field Director in Albania and the VP of Global Networks and Regional Engagement.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including proposal and budget development technical support, participant tracking, and program’s effectiveness. Assist the operations team to ensure quality measures and program outcomes are executed successfully. Work with Monitoring and Evaluation team to support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Resettlement Efforts: Manage the logistics and mechanisms to maintain the support structure created in Albania. Manage several subawards to local partners, as well as contracts and payments to service providers and local staff. Build and maintain relationships with hotel staff, medical providers, international NGOs and other organizations as needed. Work with the Field Director and partner organizations to create and revise SOPs as necessary to ensure safe and efficient service provision to the remaining Afghan evacuees. Ensure and oversee a high level of care for the remaining individuals accommodated in Albania. Work with US and Canadian lawyers to provide legal support on resettlement.
- Regional Expertise: Apply regional expertise to ensure that all efforts are done with cultural sensitivity and navigated through an appropriate lens, especially from the MENA region, South Asia, and/or Eastern Europe.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with our key partner organizations in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Afghan evacuees, and participants on VV’s behalf.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Global Network & Regional Engagement team & Afghanistan matrix team. Work with Field Director to report regularly to the Albanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and to USG.
- Operations: Manage grants and contracts, receive and review grants and/or contracts, manage those relationships and passing on invoices and contracts to the ops/ finance team.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 5-7 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 3-5 years of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari PREFERRED;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the MENA region or Muslim-majority country preferred;
- Experience with database management and gender-based violence case management preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. This hybrid role has an expectation to be in the office twice a week. We are not considering remote candidates at this time. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 20% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $78,564-$96,023 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/gaf5
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.