Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In May 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Program Coordinator will support the Voices Against Violence Initiative. The coordinator will also provide Arabic linguistic expertise for a number of gender-based violence programs. The Program Coordinator’s portfolio of work will also include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Prevention and Response Initiatives, GNRE.
- Case Management: Provide gender-based violence case management support for the urgent assistance fund through the Voices Against Violence Initiative.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally, domestically, and virtually.
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide linguistic expertise in Arabic and MENA regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners, conduct outreach, and other related activities.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Manage sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Global Network & Regional Engagement programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience REQUIRED.
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly the elimination of gender-based violence REQUIRED;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the Middle East and North Africa region, strongly preferred;
- Advanced Arabic fluency required;
- Advanced French proficiency preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment, is necessary;
- Experience with database management and case management;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
The MENA Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 10 – 20% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
The starting salary range for this position is $59,635.73-$72,888.11 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/epmg
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.