Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Program Coordinator, MENA— Human Rights.
The Program Coordinator will support the MENA region programs, including but not limited to the Voices Against Violence Initiative, subawards directed at implementing projects designed to provide services to survivors of gender based violence (GBV), and other programs in the MENA region countries. The Program Coordinator’s position requires fluency in Arabic and flexibility to collaborate with other teams as needed. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the MENA Program Manager on the Human Rights team.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally and domestically.
- Language: Provide linguistic expertise in Arabic across Human Rights programs. This includes but is not limited to outreach, case management, research, and other related activities.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Manage sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create 1-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for the MENA Region programs and specific program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 3 – 5 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 3 years of work experience required. Years of work experience do not include internship or school research experiences.
- Demonstrate strong interest in global women’s initiatives and rights, particularly gender-based violence
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the Middle East and North Africa region strongly preferred
- Experience providing GBV case management in the context of direct service provision strongly preferred
- Advanced Arabic proficiency required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Experience with database management and case management
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce)
The Human Rights Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 20% may be required for the position. Regular rotation for evening, weekend and holiday working hours are required for the urgent assistance case management portion of the program. Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply: https://jobso.id/bxc1
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.