Vital Voices Global Partnership is committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings, and individualized support, the Leadership & Global Activation Department (LGA) provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. The Department develops tailored strategies for Vital Voices’ most established leaders to enable them to achieve their bold and innovative visions for changing their communities and countries. As part of this, the LGA team oversees Vital Voices’ signature young women and girls’ leadership training programs in the United States and around the world.
Vital Voices seeks a Program Coordinator to coordinate and support all initiatives and programming within the Leadership & Global Activation Department related to young women and girls’ leadership. This role will be responsible for supporting the execution of the HERlead Fellowship and The Leadership Academy, and is a great opportunity to coordinate all elements of high-profile, high-impact girls’ leadership programming. The HERlead Fellowship is U.S. program that works with sophomore and junior high school girls from the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. The Leadership Academy is an international program with a current focus on Latin American and the Caribbean that works with young women ages 18 to 22 years old.
Major responsibilities include:
- Support the coordination of the logistical and programmatic elements of a leadership training and mentoring initiative for American and Canadian teenage young women, including a 4-day training in Washington, DC, a 4-day training in New York, and ad hoc opportunities.
- Support the coordination of the logistical and programmatic elements of a leadership and mentoring initiative for college-aged women in Latin American and the Caribbean, including a 4-day training in Latin America and ad hoc opportunities.
- Coordinate online application and review processes associated with the initiatives, including Participant selection and Grantee selection.
- Coordinate sub award grants, working closely with Finance Department to ensure proper compliance with sub-grant policies and procedures and managing reporting requirements.
- Provide strategic advice and insight for selected grantees, supporting their efforts to have a positive community impact and to grow as leaders.
- Manage external communications for the programs, including website updates, social media promotion, quarterly newsletter creation, and identifying and creating content for storytelling opportunities to highlight participants and the programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with program alumnae and facilitate connections across alumnae network.
- Evaluate and communicate program impact, creating surveys and other measurement tools as needed for reports and marketing materials.
- Liaise with Vital Voices network members who serve as mentors for the program and with internal Development and Communications teams.
- Provide general programmatic support for the Leadership and Global Activation Department. This includes communication and strengthening connections with all Vital Voices program alumnae through social media, events and regular personal contact.
- Create a network engagement strategy and execute through online tools and an external communication plan.
- Assign tasks and provide feedback and mentorship to team interns (3-4 per semester).
We are seeking a strong professional to join our team, cultivating and supporting the strategic growth of Vital Voices’ signature girls’ leadership programming.
- Self-starter with a creative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic with exceptional organizational skills and an eye for details
- Passion for girls’ and women’s leadership
- A personable individual who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- High-energy, dedicated and excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Appetite for learning and growth
Primary qualifications include:
- 2-3 years experience in the non-profit field, event planning, and/or programmatic experience in the youth leadership, international development, or women’s empowerment field
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s a plus
- Advanced Spanish language proficiency required
- Experience in working with networks a plus
- Communications experience and social media experience a plus
- Top-notch relationship management skills; able to build trust and maintain long-term relationships. Must be able to work professionally and effectively with high-level partners and sponsors who participate in the program.
- Technological savvy; facility with online application systems, web content management systems, expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, database management, Salesforce, WordPress, Survey Gizmo, and Mail chimp a plus.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Events execution experience; previous experience organizing conferences, events, programs or trainings
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, including dexterity with social media content development and strategy. Experience in online community engagement and social media for cause marketing a big plus.
- Experience working in complex projects, strong organizational and administrative skills with an innate attention to detail
- Propensity to collaborate as part of a dynamic team while also able to self-start, take initiative and work independently
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Some travel may be required both domestically and internationally
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/bhf2
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and cover letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.