Vital Voices Global Partnership is committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities and to achieve their bold and innovative visions for change.
The Leadership and Global Activation (LGA) department oversees a diverse range of programs and initiatives focused on leadership with women and girls around the globe and throughout our network of over 15,000 women leaders worldwide who have been supported by Vital Voices. As a cross-cutting team, the LGA department works with women entrepreneurs, nonprofit and community leaders, human rights defenders, and civic and political actors. Through capacity building, mentoring programs, global activation initiatives, and individualized support, the LGA department supports emerging and established women leaders around the world to build their confidence, capacity, credibility and connections. As part of this, the LGA department oversees new programming in our Leadership Pipeline initiative aimed at supporting women leaders in the US and worldwide who are working to better their communities. The LGA team is responsible for designing and implementing the Vital Voices signature Leadership Model training and curriculum across the organization.
Vital Voices seeks a Program Coordinator to programmatically and logistically support the LGA Department’s projects and programs. The Program Coordinator will mainly support new programs that will engage emerging leaders in the US and internationally in leadership development, skill and capacity building, and peer learning through in-person gatherings and virtual training. The Program Coordinator will also support the development of an online platform and materials to provide leadership training and tools to the wider Global Leadership Network and new audiences.
- Coordinate necessary logistics for the planning and implementation of new domestic and international leadership programming
- Support the design, development and implementation of program content and delivery
- Provide technical support, coordination, and research support for online programming and virtual leadership content
- Coordinate online applications and review processes, participant tracking, Salesforce database, vendor research, and other administration and program support roles
- Contribute to content development for new Leadership Pipeline programming and other LGA initiatives, including program curriculum, agendas and materials
- Offer expertise in developing and analyzing participant needs assessments, project proposals, strategy, and other related programmatic elements
- Coordinate finances and invoices for programs, including contracts with vendors, processing payments, dispersing per diem for staff and participants, credit card reconciliations, and post-program reconciliations
- Supervise interns on tasks related to Leadership Pipeline programs and content
- Work with M&E Specialist and other team members to support the LGA team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures, creating surveys and other measurement tools as needed for reports and marketing materials
- Build and maintain relationships with program participants to help provide individual, tailored support for program participants as needed
- Prepare reports, design digital content, and create marketing materials that align with VV branding standards
- Coordinate small sub-grants and awards for program participants, working closely with Finance department to ensure proper compliance with sub-grant policies and procedures and managing reporting requirements
- Leverage social media platforms and other Vital Voices communications materials to raise visibility for women leaders and LGA initiatives, with LGA and Communications teams.
- Support external communications for programs, including website, social media, and written materials, as well as identifying and creating content for storytelling opportunities.
- Collaborate with LGA team to brainstorm new initiatives, develop, and implement tools, systems and processes for team administration.
We are seeking a strong professional to join our team, cultivating and supporting the strategic growth of new leadership programming at Vital Voices.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Master’s a plus
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience, nonprofit programmatic and/or curriculum development and online learning experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on multiple and complex projects
- Top-notch administrative skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to juggle several projects, prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Capable relationship builder with an ease of communicating with internal and external audiences
- Technological savvy; expertise with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with online learning platforms and WordPress preferred; facility with SurveyGizmo, Zoom, Salesforce, and web content management systems a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communication skills, with an ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Highly motivated, resourceful and proactive
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Ability to collaborate with team and across teams in the organization
- Experience coordinating domestic, international, and virtual programs a plus
- Experience in online community engagement and coordinating online learning a plus
- Passionate about women’s leadership and maintaining a pulse on economic empowerment, human rights, social justice, and political issues affecting women in the US and globally
- Solutions-oriented and an adaptable self-starter
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for learning and change
- Ability to prioritize tasks and respond flexibly to unanticipated requests and assignments
- A people-person who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- Eager to collaborate as part of a dynamic team while also able to take initiative and work independently with high proficiency
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, D.C. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply: https://jobso.id/bx47
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.