Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Program Coordinator for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
The Program Coordinator/ Senior Program Coordinator will support the Voices Against Violence Initiative. The Program Coordinator/ Senior Program Coordinator will also provide regional and linguistic expertise for the Human Rights Department’s programs and work in Latin America & the Caribbean. The Program Coordinator’s/ Senior Program Coordinator’s work will include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Global Community Impact and Inclusion, Human Rights.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content, and materials for events internationally and domestically.
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide linguistic and regional expertise for Latin America & the Caribbean for a project aimed at eliminating gender-based violence. This includes outreach, case management, and other related activities.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders, covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation, activity implementation and communications updates, best practices identified and lessons learned, and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Contribute to the management of sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing and supporting the process of revising project proposals, contracts, and budgets; updating and disseminating templates for program and financial reports to sub-grantees; reviewing sub-grantee reports; and tracking sub-grant spending and progress
- Financial Management: Develop program budgets, update budget forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners in the Latin American & Caribbean region and domestically. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Case Management: Provide case management support for the urgent assistance fund through the Voices Against Violence Initiative.
- Communications: Create 1-pagers, concept notes, project narratives, and other communications materials for the Human Rights Department and specific programs. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of work experience required.
- Advanced language proficiency in Spanish, REQUIRED;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the Latin America & Caribbean region;
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly the elimination of gender-based violence;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and high attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees strongly preferred; and
- Experience with database management and case management preferred.
Position level (coordinator or senior coordinator) will be determined based on level of education, years of relevant experience, language skills, and other relevant factors.
The Program Coordinator/ Senior Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
To apply: Please include a letter of interest, resume, and three references with complete contact in the Jobsoid application site.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.