Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years, we plan to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022, we opened the first-ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. Our HQ serves as an Embassy for women and hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
In early 2022, Vital Voices launched a new Crisis Response department, to respond to the emergency support needs of global women leaders and activists facing persecution due to their voice and leadership. Informed by ongoing consultations with experts and members of the impacted communities, the Crisis Response Team will provide training, casework support, and direct funding to nonprofit and political leaders, journalists, businesswomen, lawyers, judges, teachers, and other activists who are being targeted because they are women changemakers.
Crisis Response Coordinator is a newly created role within the Crisis Response team, and will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the Vice President of Crisis Response. This position will provide initial screening and evaluation of requests for crisis support, case management, coordination of services, and programmatic support for the Crisis Response department.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Case Management: Oversee day-to-day management of overall Crisis Response caseload, from initial intake through transition planning, including coordination of casework support functions cross-team; Work with country or regional experts on case referrals;
- Program Development and Implementation: Support the development of crisis management programmatic plans and systems, including but not limited to policies, standards, procedures, casework management tools and templates, and monitoring and learning frameworks;
- Reporting: Provide crisis-related technical expertise to the Crisis Response portfolio, working with country or regional experts to monitor and assess evolving security situations and ensure timely dissemination of situation reports;
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Manage sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports;
- Financial and Administrative Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending; Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports; Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with Vital Voices administrative policies and procedures;
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners; Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf; Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors;
- Communications: Vital Voices communications team in the development of media and digital outreach tools and plans (i.e., create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents) to build international and public profile of cases;
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide linguistic expertise in regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners, conduct outreach, and other related activities;
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations, international social work, or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in managing emergency or crisis response programs in humanitarian crises at local, regional and global levels, including significant knowledge of humanitarian response, protection of women and girls, and risk reduction best practices;
- Experience with gender-based case management systems or databases preferred;
- Project management including planning and scheduling, process design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation;
- Stays abreast of social, cultural, political and legal issues, nationally and internationally, and their impact on the region and its activities;
- Experience in designing and delivering training for global diverse, at-risk populations; Advocacy, influencing and negotiating skills, experienced in gaining commitment from a wide range of people, bringing about change and providing support from a distance;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Ability to work effectively in a regional team environment and work closely and communicate clearly with all offices, departments, and affiliates;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Advanced Spanish, Arabic, French, or Portuguese preferred.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $59,635-$72,888 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/ewqc
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.