Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices launched the Crisis Response Team in response to the rising threats to women leaders, their positions of influence and life’s work. Today, the Team supports women leaders to prepare, respond and recover from acute threats to their life, family, work, livelihood, or well-being. A crisis could include internal displacement, physical threats, online attacks, experience of civil conflict, and immediate impacts from climate and natural disasters. We also support women leaders and organizations who advocate on behalf of or actively intervene to support crisis-affected women and girls.
The Vital Voices Crisis Response Team is seeking a talented professional with strong planning, exemplary written communication, and operational support skills for the position of Program Assistant. The Program Assistant’s primary responsibilities include supporting planning and operational activities, case management backstopping, writing issue briefs and other communication, providing administrative and logistics support as well as assisting in grant and contact management. The Program Assistant works in close collaboration with other departments, including events, communications, fundraising and development. The Program Assistant works directly with the Vice President, Crisis Response in support of the entire crisis response team.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Case and Grant Management:
- Assist in identifying, coordinating, supporting and funding assistance to Vital Voices women network and other women leaders;
- Provide logistical, administrative, and programmatic support for rapid-granting program;
- Planning, Administration, and Operations:
- Coordinate development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and checklists;
- Prepare high-level notes as well as detailed meeting minutes;
- Identify and coordinate actions that address operational and programmatic challenges;
- Backstop incident and emergency response operations;
- Support development of annual funding and other donor reports;
- Research and monitor issue area and subject matter discussions and developments to inform decision-making and program strategy;
- Assist in creating organizational tools, systems, and processes.
- Develop, organize and write issue briefs to a professional public-facing standard;
- Update, revise or create one-pagers, FAQs and other briefers on program activities;
- Construct maps that utilize industry-standard technology, such as ArcGIS;
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment, and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices’ organization culture and success;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 year of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues, humanitarian response, and human rights.
- Understanding of concepts related to case management best practices, such as strength-based and trauma-informed approaches;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English REQUIRED;
- Excellent oral and written communications in Spanish, Arabic or French language strongly preferred;
- Experience living, working, or studying in a humanitarian context strongly preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce), as well as ability to create presentations to professional standard.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $43,905-$53,661 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/fu7b
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.