Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Human Rights.
The Program Assistant for Human Rights will support the Human Rights team and provide administrative assistance in all of its programming. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Program Manager.
- Providing support for case management as a part of the urgent assistance program
- Providing logistical, administrative and programmatic support for human rights initiatives, programs, advocacy initiatives, and events internationally and domestically
- Monitoring subject matter and regional discussions to inform program strategy and development
- Assisting with the facilitation of services for sub-contractors and sub-grantees
- Assisting the VV HR team on grant proposals, funder research, and budgeting
- Assisting with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems and processes for the team
- Maintaining database of human rights participants, experts, partners, and vendors
- Providing communications materials for website and printed documents
- Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to prepare and process invoices, expense reports, and track budgets
- Assisting with the facilitation of the HR team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Providing support to local partners through monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration
- Supporting communications for the GBV programs via social media and monthly newsletters
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field required
- 1-2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly violence against women
- Advanced language skills (written & spoken) in French AND Arabic, REQUIRED
- Experience living, studying and/or working in either Africa or the Middle East, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant writing and ability to effectively coordinate with program donors
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/bfkj
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.