Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Human Rights.
The Program Assistant for Human Rights will support the Human Rights team and provide administrative assistance for all of its programming, but will primarily focus on supporting the Voices Against Violence Initiative: The GBV Global Initiative (VAV), particularly the Honduras Program. The Program Assistant will provide regional and linguistic expertise on Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and if possible, the Northern Triangle. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Program Manager, Human Rights.
- Provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for human rights initiatives, programs, advocacy initiatives, and events internationally and domestically
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide Spanish language expertise and regional knowledge of Latin America & the Caribbean for the Voices Against Violence program. This includes direct outreach to local partners, support with case management, and other related activities.
- Provide administrative support and assistance with vetting processes for the VAV Urgent Assistance Program
- Monitor relevant subject matter in target countries and regional discussions to inform program strategy and development
- Help facilitate administrative and financial processes related to sub-contractors and sub-grantees
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, including conducting funder research
- Assist with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems and processes for the human rights team
- Maintain the database of human rights participants, experts, partners, and vendors
- Assemble communications materials for website and printed documents
- Work with the Vital Voices Finance and Administration team to prepare and process invoices, credit card reconciliations, and expense reports
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes for the VAV Initiative
- Provide support to local partners by monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration
- Proofread, edit, and format program materials and donor reports, including ensuring materials are user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field required
- 1 – 2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work
- Advanced proficiency language skills in Spanish (including written and oral) required; Portuguese a plus
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions
- Strong organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. PowerPoint, Salesforce, SurveyGizmo, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence
- Ability to effectively coordinate with program participants
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills
- Sound judgement, resourcefulness, and create problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Experience living, studying and/or working abroad, the Northern Triangle, preferred
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/bxrg
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted