Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Human Rights.
The Program Assistant for Human Rights will support the Human Rights team and provide administrative assistance in all of its programming. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Human Rights.
- Providing logistical, administrative and programmatic support for human rights initiatives, programs, advocacy initiatives, and events internationally and domestically
- Monitoring subject matter and regional discussions to inform program strategy and development
- Assisting with the facilitation of services for sub-contractors and sub-grantees
- Assisting the Vital Voices Human Rights team on grant proposals, funder research, and budgeting
- Assisting with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems, and processes for the team
- Maintaining a database of human rights participants, experts, partners, and vendors
- Providing communications materials for website and printed documents
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of interns
- Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to prepare and process invoices, expense reports, and track budgets
- Assisting with the facilitation of the Human Rights team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Providing support to local partners through monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration
- Leading communications for the Gender Based Violence programs via social media, monthly newsletters, and other media outlets
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field required
- 1-2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work
- Passionate about global women’s issues and human rights, particularly violence against women
- Advanced language skills in Russian or Spanish or Arabic are strongly preferred
- Experience living, studying and/or working abroad preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant writing and ability to effectively coordinate with program donors
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a tactful and professional member of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Self-motivating with excellent organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, positive, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, D.C. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply: https://jobso.id/bx7p
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.