Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong administrative and programmatic support skills for the position of Program Assistant on the Issues Advocacy department, to support its work across key issue areas on projects including corporate advisory services related to gender equity and gender-based violence, and other forms of advocacy work related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a part of the Vital Voices team.
The Program Assistant will support work with global women leaders including advisory services, and other forms of advocacy such as coalition work and awareness-raising. The Program Assistant’s primary responsibilities focus on logistical, administrative, and programmatic support for the Issues Advocacy team at Vital Voices.
The Issue Advocacy, Program Assistant reports directly to the Vice President, Issue Advocacy. However, they will also work directly with the individual project leads and support the Program Manager for Issue Advocacy on matters related to global advocacy, awareness-raising, and other forms of engagement.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administrative Assistance: Provide logistical and administrative support for Issues Advocacy department.
- Program Support: Support program planning and execution, including virtual and/or in-person logistical preparations and the development of the program agenda, content, and other related materials.
- Technological Support: Support planning and execution of virtual programming and communications through various online platforms and tools.
- Financial Support: Support coordination with both internal and external stakeholders including for the purposes of administrative and financial processes related to vendors and sub-contractors in support of programming.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, newsletters, and other communication documents for any and all Issues Advocacy programs. Support Vital Voices programming in communications with program stakeholders and global leaders such as around scheduling, program participation, etc.
- Research & Data: Research and monitor issue area and subject matter discussions and developments to inform decision-making, program strategy, and broader advocacy efforts. Assist with compiling and managing program participant information and needs, as well as support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- DE&I: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field REQUIRED.
- Strong demonstrated interest and/or experience in the SDGs, including global women’s issues and human rights including but not limited to civic/political participation, gender-based violence, and climate justice, preferred.
- Demonstrated exposure to and/or experience to the following would be considered a plus: corporate social responsibility, social impact, as well as coalition-building and advocacy in the U.S. and/or abroad.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English, and proficiency or fluency in at least one additional languages is strongly preferred.
- Experience with database management preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $43,905.09-$53,661.77 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/eqfs
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.