Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices seeks a talented professional with experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager. Reporting directly to the Vice President of MERL, this manager will primarily:
a) manage and support the technical assistance to program staff in setting and maintaining M&E systems for programs and
b) develop a curriculum and build internal capacity for MERL across all programs and units. This position will also support the implementation of organization wide Vital Voice’s monitoring and evaluation strategy and measures, including guidelines and tool development, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide guidance to the program teams during the Project development phase to make sure that documents are prepared according to established theory of change and includes tracking.
- Coordinate with M&E specialists to ensure that VV projects and program documents comply with the organizations MEL framework.
- Conduct capacity building activities for program and M&E staff on M&E plan; and
- Coordinating with M&E specialists and other program staff on proposal and reporting requirements.
- Providing ongoing technical assistance to program staff in M&E to strengthen program management and donor reporting.
- Developing performance monitoring plans and work plans, including data quality controls in collaboration with program staff.
- Contributing to the development of tools across programs for data collection such as surveys, interviews and focus groups.
- Collaborate with and provide qualitative and quantitative methodological expertise to staff in survey design, assessment, research and analytic projects.
- Design and conduct MEL training for Staff and partners on topics that may include MEL practices, data quality management, basic data analysis, and managing evaluations.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Collate, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external reporting using statistical, data visualization or qualitative software.
- Review project reports and annual workplans to make sure that they comply with the requirements and to verify if projects are on-track to deliver the expected results.
- Ensuring updated participants list data relocation from spreadsheet to Salesforce and maintaining consistent data quality.
- Developing and maintaining a database, tracking progress against targets, developing presentations on each portfolio progress.
- Ensuring information from M&E activities are properly analyzed and collected with high quality for reporting.
- Ensure program staff comply with the organization wide measurements and standardized data collection process to demonstrate impact.
- Supporting the creation of tools, modules and the overall M&E curriculum for program staff around program design, data collection, data management, and setting up of M&E systems;
- Research and compile relevant resources for the community of practice.
- Develop and lead the roll out of activity-specific MEL tools in collaboration with relevant MEL and other activity staff.
- Document lessons learned and key project results to share with relevant actors and stakeholders.
- Assess the organization’s performance against its strategic plan.
- Promote evidence-based decision-making through reviews of program data and cross-organizational learning forums.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in international development, public administration, economics, statistics or other relevant field strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in program design, performance monitoring and reporting, and evaluation methods.
- At least 2 years of experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of M&E best practices, principles, and tools.
- Experience setting-up and/or coordinating M&E systems.
- Experience in designing, implementing and analyzing survey research.
- Proficiency with statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS, or SAS.
- Proficiency with data visualization software such as Tableau.
- Familiarity with qualitative analysis software such as Nvivo.
- Experience setting up and/or coordinating data warehouse projects and Salesforce a plus
- Experience in training and/or teaching; understanding of adult learning preferred.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite programs, in particular, excel
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Living or working experience outside the U.S. for at least a year preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish or French a plus.
This full-time, salaried position is based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. International travel may be required.
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/dby9
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.