Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices seeks a talented professional with experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist on the Human Rights Team. Reporting directly to the Director of Prevention and Response Initiatives, the MEL Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing and reporting on the monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy for Voices Against Violence: The Gender-Based Violence Global Initiative. Key responsibilities include working across programs with program leads to develop M&E frameworks, design evaluation tools, implement data collection, conduct data analysis and report on indicators. Further, this position will assist with the development of technical assistance tools and will provide individualized support to Human Rights team beneficiaries. This position will also support Human Rights team’s reporting for Vital Voice’s monitoring and evaluation strategy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Design and Development
- Develop performance monitoring plans, including theories of change and work plans, to meet the needs of various internal and external audiences
- Design tools for data collection such as surveys, interviews and focus groups
Data Quality Control
- Provide oversight for data quality, including the development and implementation of quality control mechanisms
- Collaborate with the Urgent Assistance Program lead to monitor data collection and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
Data Collection and Analysis
- Collate, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external reporting using statistical, data visualization or qualitative software
- Ensure information from M&E activities are properly collected and analyzed with high quality for reporting
Apply Analysis to Promote Learning
- Develop preliminary program reports to demonstrate program impact and propose programmatic recommendations to share with program leads
- Assist with drafting one-pagers and other communications materials summarizing impact to share with donors and other stakeholder audiences
- Collaborate with program leads to develop MEL training tools
- Provide tailored support to Human Rights team program beneficiaries through the provision of MEL technical assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, international development, public administration or other related field
- At least two years of experience in program design, performance monitoring and reporting, and evaluation methods
- At least one year of experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of MEL best practices, principles and tools
- Experience in designing, implementing and analyzing survey research
- Experience setting-up and/or coordinating MEL systems, with a strong preference for direct experience implementing MEL systems reflective of United States government reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency with statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS, or SAS, with a strong preference for STATA proficiency
- Familiarity with data visualization software such as Tableau strongly preferred
- Familiarity with qualitative analysis software such as Nvivo strongly preferred
- Experience setting up and/or coordinating data warehouse projects and Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience in training and/or teaching; understanding of adult learning principles strongly preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Capacity to work both with minimal supervision and collaborate closely with other team members
- Ability to perform well and demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced, collaboration-focused environment
- Experience in conducting MEL for GBV and/or gender programming preferred
- Living or working experience outside the U.S. for at least a year preferred
This full-time, salaried position is based in Washington, DC. Temp to perm applicants will also be considered. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. International travel may be required.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/c2af
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.