Development and Engagement Internship – Summer 2017
Vital Voices Global Partnership invests in women leaders who improve the world. Founded by former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, and guided by the belief that women are essential to progress in their communities, we partner with leaders from more than 140 countries who advance economic opportunity, increase political and public leadership, and end violence against women. Vital Voices builds critical skills in strategic planning, business, advocacy and communications needed for creating transformational change at scale. Through these interventions, Vital Voices expands the skills, connections and visibility of women leaders, accelerating shared progress for all.
The Development and Engagement Interns will work closely with staff beginning in May or June 2017. The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is unpaid. Working remotely is not available for this position. Full-time internships require a minimum of 35 hours/week commitment and part-time internships require a minimum of 20 hours/week.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on and learn about all phases of the development and engagement process including prospect research, external events, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Interns are considered an integral part of the team and attend team meetings and planning sessions. The team is committed to its interns personal/professional growth and networking and encourages active participation.
Interns’ responsibilities may include one or more of the following areas:
Prospect Research: Creating in-depth research documents on prospective funders including corporations, foundations and individuals.
Engagement Opportunities: Supporting the Senior Director of Engagement in preparing for and planning organizational events. Past interns have been given ownership of significant portions of event planning.
Database Support: Assisting in the maintenance of the organization’s donor databases.
- Passion for the work that Vital Voices does around the world
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
Other Desired Characteristics:
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other donor management systems
- Background in fundraising
- Experience in event planning/execution
To apply: Please send the following to ToreyStyer@vitalvoices.org
- Letter of interest
- Resume including weekly availability and expected start and end date
- Two (2) references with contact information
- Use “Summer Development and Engagement Internship_FirstName LastName” as the subject of your e-mail.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Applicants must indicate if they are available fulltime or part time. If applicant is available for part time please note which days and times available.