Vital Voices is seeking an experienced Iraq Program Manager to provide strong program management and communications support to the Human Rights Team. The work location for this position will be in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time position.
- Manage programs from design phase through planning, set up, implementation, evaluation and close out;
- Maintain regional expertise and understanding of operating environment in Iraq, the Kurdish Regional Government and the broader Middle East and North Africa region, including political/governmental structures, security situation, and major issues facing the country;
- Build capacity of and provide extensive technical assistance to program partner/sub grantee;
- create and manage program budgets; identify and liaise with key stakeholders both in the US and in the region;
- Produce reports for donors and the organization, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific program.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience or an advanced degree with 3 years of experience in gender, human rights programs or related experience;
- Strong program management skills including planning and implementation, capacity building of local partners; financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and managing donor relations;
- Demonstrated experience and experience managing programs addressing gender-based violence;
- Experience living/working in Iraq and/or other countries in the Middle East;
- Fluency in written and oral Kurdish;
- Iraqi Arabic and/or Modern Standard Arabic preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail the following to HR@vitalvoices.org using “Iraq Program Manager – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
- a letter of interest indicating current salary, salary expectations, and availability
- a writing sample
- three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.