Innovation and Strategic Investments Internship
Vital Voices is seeking up to two interns to support the work of the Innovation and Strategic Investment team.
Individuals with a demonstrated commitment to international women’s advocacy, leadership development, public diplomacy, social entrepreneurship, economic empowerment and civil society development are encouraged to apply. The internship requires an ideal commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns, or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This is an unpaid internship, though Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit. Applications are accepted for fall, spring, and summer terms.
• Draft and edit articles and blog posts for the website;
• Use social media platforms to raise visibility for members of the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network;
• Research and write background materials for programs and upon request by Network members;
• Review grant application and reporting materials as necessary;
• Managing program applications and participant information through SurveyGizmo;
• Edit and prepare program content and materials;
• Assist with the logistics and implementation of local, domestic and international programs;
• Other duties as required.
• Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development, using social media for social change and/or women’s leadership;
• Excellent writing/editing skills and communication skills;
• Strong research and analytical skills;
• Computer literacy (Excel, online portal management, and document formatting skills preferred);
• Self-starter with ability to work independently;
• Experience developing social media campaigns and using content and contact management platforms;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities, with experience in coordinating travel preferred.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org using “ISI Internship – YOUR FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
• A cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time) and expected start and end date
• One writing sample of no more than 3 pages
• One reference with contact information
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls, please.