Vital Voices is seeking up to three interns to support the work of the Human Rights Department, which manages Vital Voices’ programs and initiatives to end gender-based violence. Working closely with the human rights team, the human rights program intern will contribute to multiple aspects of Vital Voices’ programs and initiatives to end gender-based violence through administrative, logistical, research, and programmatic support.
The human rights team is looking for talented, motivated individuals to serve as interns, undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply. The internship requires a commitment of a minimum of 24 hours per week, with preference given to those who can commit to regular hours and possibly work up to full time. The position is based in Washington, D.C. Students may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn about human rights program planning and implementation as well as current, pressing global women’s issues and international women’s advocacy. Interns are encouraged to attend local conferences and events relevant to the human rights team’s work and may have the opportunity to meet leaders and advocates of women’s rights through Vital Voices events and programs.
Applications are accepted for fall, spring and summer terms.
• Programmatic support leading up to and following program implementation, including
• Research support
• Provision of general administrative and organizational support to the human rights team as needed.
• Advanced proficiency or fluency in English required
• Strong preference for working proficiency or fluency in French, Spanish, Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, and/or Russian
• Demonstrated interest in women’s rights
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills and administrative capabilities
• Ability to work creatively, independently, and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “Position Title – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.