The Leadership and Global Activation team at Vital Voices is currently accepting applications for an internship position for the HERlead Fellowship for the Summer of 2018. Motivated individuals with a strong interest in combining international engagement with grassroots advocacy that have a demonstrated commitment to social entrepreneurship, public diplomacy, economic empowerment and civil society development are encouraged to apply. The internship requires an ideal commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns, or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. The position is compensated with a transportation stipend and Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit. Start and end dates are flexible, with a preference being given to interns able to start at the beginning of January.
• Manage and update HERlead website and other material content
• Respond to HERlead inquiries made through the HERlead website and use social media platforms to raise visibility for the HERlead Fellowship and Fellows
• Reviewing grant applications and reporting materials as well as draft grant paperwork;
• Manage participant information through SurveyGizmo;
• Assist with the logistics and implementation of leadership workshops and the fellows’ community projects;
• Other duties as required.
• Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international and domestic development, using social media for social change and/or women’s leadership;
• Superior writing and editing skills with meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent intrapersonal and digital media skills;
• Experience at design and developing social media campaigns;
• Computer Literacy (Excel, online portal management, and document formatting skills preferred);
• Self-starter with the ability to problem solve and work independently;
• Strong logistic organizational skills and with event planning experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org using “HERlead Internship – YOUR FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
• A cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time) and expected start and end date
• One writing sample of no more than 3 pages
• One reference with contact information
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls, please.