HERlead Fellowship Internship
The Innovation and Strategic Investment team at Vital Voices is currently accepting applications for an internship position for the HERlead Fellowship for the Spring of 2018. Motivated individuals with a strong interest in combining international engagement with grassroots advocacy that have a demonstrated commitment to social entrepreneurship, public diplomacy, economic empowerment and civil society development are encouraged to apply. The internship requires an ideal commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns, or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This is an unpaid internship, though Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit. Start and end dates are flexible, with a preference being given to interns able to start at the beginning of January.
• Manage and update HERlead website and other material content
• Respond to HERlead inquiries made through the HERlead website and use social media platforms to raise visibility for the HERlead Fellowship and Fellows
• Reviewing grant applications and reporting materials as well as draft grant paperwork;
• Manage participant information through SurveyGizmo;
• Assist with the logistics and implementation of leadership workshops and the fellows’ community projects;
• Other duties as required.
• Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international and domestic development, using social media for social change and/or women’s leadership;
• Superior writing and editing skills with meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent intrapersonal and digital media skills;
• Experience at design and developing social media campaigns;
• Computer Literacy (Excel, online portal management, and document formatting skills preferred);
• Self-starter with the ability to problem solve and work independently;
• Strong logistic organizational skills and with event planning experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please e-mail the following to email@example.com using “HERlead Internship – YOUR FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
• A cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time) and expected start and end date
• One writing sample of no more than 3 pages
• One reference with contact information
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls, please.