Global Leadership Programs Internship
Vital Voices is seeking up to three interns to support the work of the Global Leadership Programs team for spring 2018. Individuals with a commitment to global women’s issues, international development and/or leadership programming are encouraged to apply. The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 2-3 days per week for part-time interns. Applicants with full-time availability will be more competitive. This internship is unpaid, though Vital Voices complies with university requirements for internship credit. The internship will start in mid-January and conclude in early May (negotiable).
• Assist with logistics and administration for international and domestic programs relating to the Global Ambassadors Program, Fortune-U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership, and VVLead;
• Develop and edit materials for programs;
• Draft articles and blog posts;
• Support program social media activities;
• Contribute to data entry, database management, and monitoring and evaluation;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development and/or leadership;
• Experience coordinating logistics for programs and events;
• Strong organizational, writing, and administrative skills;
• Competent in Microsoft Office suite and social media;
• Experience with research and data management for qualitative and quantitative projects;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Ability manage multiple projects/tasks at once;
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following to Shereen Tewfik, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org using “Global Leadership Programs Spring Internship – YOUR FULL NAME” as the subject of your email:
• A cover letter indicating your availability (full time or part time) and potential start & end date
• One writing sample three to five pages in length
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit applications as soon as possible. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the competitive pool of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls, please.