Position Title: Finance Assistant, Finance & Operations
Reports to: Sindy Holmes, Budget & Financial Analyst
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders taking on the world’s greatest challenges and accelerates collective action towards an equitable and sustainable world.
Organizational Goals 2030
- Scale our proven investment model from 20,000 to 50,000 women leaders – who together will positively impact the lives of one billion people.
- Make a measurable impact on 1-2 of the greatest challenges as defined by the Vital Voices Global Network – proving the power of collective action.
The Finance Assistant will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the Budget & Financial Analyst, Sindy Holmes. This position will be responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the finance center. This position is based in Washington, DC with the option of a hybrid work schedule. We are not accepting remote candidates at this time.
Additional responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day-to-Day Operations: Manage the start to end process of timesheet submission and entry; manage finance mail and external inbound inquiries; serve as a central point of contact for staff financial questions and concerns
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Assist in preparing, maintaining, and reporting on monthly budget reports for programmatic administration; flag and investigate anomalies or outstanding gaps in financial reports; Assist in financial forecasting; own reclass submission projects
- Support and Collaboration: Assist with Accounts Payable (AP) processes including liaising with external partners; assist the Senior Finance and Budget Analyst in payment processes; reshape Statements of Work (SOW) as required
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment, and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices’ organization culture and success;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field, plus 0-2 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in finance or a related field, plus 0-1 years of work experience required
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues, refugee issues, and human rights preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce)
- Knowledge of Bill.com preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally to support key objectives and to help team members
This position is a full time, non-exempt hybrid position based in Washington, DC with 2 days of required in person attendance at the Vital Voices Headquarters.
The starting salary range for this position is $43,905 – $53,661 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, earned sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/gwhk
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.