Vital Voices Global Partnership invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Vital Voices team is seeking a motivated intern who will support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team and provide critical research and analysis of data across the Vital Voices program portfolio including the development of surveys, analysis and presentation of data. This internship is a great opportunity to learn about M&E and gain experience in applied research as well as current, pressing global women’s issues and international women’s advocacy. The Intern will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences. This position reports to the MERL Specialist.
We are currently recruiting a part-time fall intern. The internship requires a commitment of 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This position is unpaid, but students will receive a stipend of $500 per month for part time and/or may receive academic credit for their experience in cooperation with their university. We are currently accepting applications for the fall semester. The fall internship will run from September 6th through mid-December, 2022.
Interns will be allowed to work remotely or in a hybrid fashion if they prefer. However, please note that interns will be required to work during our regular business hours from Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Applications for the Fall internship should be submitted by Friday, July 22nd at 11:59pm EDT.
- On-the-job training for a variety of skills
- Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- A chance to learn about international development and advocacy
- Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship (as requested)
- Support the collection, cleaning, validation, analysis, and interpretation/visualization of organizational and survey data
- Conduct research on MERL topics to support the development and implementation of MERL policies across the organization
- Gain exposure to common MERL elements such as data collection tools, logic models, and performance indicators
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills, especially creating charts and graphs.
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA, SQL, R and/or NVivo strongly preferred but not required
- Experience visualizing data preferably in Tableau
- Demonstrated experience with building online surveys
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated maturity to work successfully in high-pressure situations with good humor, grace, and a positive attitude
- Pursuing or completed a graduate degree in non-profit management, public policy, economics, statistics or a related field strongly preferred
- Coursework and/or hands-on experience with evaluation methods, including survey design and administration preferred
- Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development, and/or women’s leadership
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Experience recording and reporting using Salesforce
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate
How to Apply:
Please apply for the position through the following link: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6922273/MERL-Internship-Application-Fall-2022
Applications must include the following in order to be considered for review:
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample
- Availability (for example, if you are available part time, include the days and times when you could work)
- Two references (including contact information)
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.