Vital Voices Global Partnership invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity and visibility. Over the last 25 years, we have built a network of 20,000 change makers across 184 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of over 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In an effort to advance and expand this work, in 2022 Vital Voices opened the doors to the world’s first global embassy for women, the Vital Voices Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership —a first-of-its-kind space that allows for convening, innovation, planning, and action — all in the pursuit of tackling the world’s greatest challenges.
The Vital Voices team is seeking motivated interns who will support the Issue Advocacy (IA) team and assist with research and programming at the intersection of women’s leadership and cross-cutting issues related to the Sustainable Development Goals, including women’s political empowerment, human rights, WPS (women, peace, and security), gender-based violence, climate change, etc. The Intern will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences. This position reports to the Senior Coordinator, Issue Advocacy.
We are accepting interns on either a full-time or part time basis. The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. The position is unpaid, but students will receive a stipend of $1000 per month for full time interns or $500 per month for part time interns. All interns must be eligible to be paid in the United States. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall semester. Fall internships will run from September through December.
Interns may apply to work remotely or if located in Washington, DC may choose to work in-person at the new Vital Voices Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership.
Applications for the Fall internship should be submitted by July 24 at 11:59pm EDT.
- On-the-job training for a variety of skills
- Professional development opportunities, including regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- A chance to learn about international development and advocacy
- Network with professional advocates in the non-profit sphere
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship (as requested)
- Researching and preparing program content and materials
- Participating in and supporting webinars and educational sessions with program participants
- Managing applications and fellow information in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, such as Salesforce
- Drafting social media content and tracking social media activity related to the fellowship
- Supporting local, domestic and international development and advocacy efforts and opportunities
- Analyzing survey data and preparing reporting materials as necessary
- Assisting with the logistics and implementation of local, domestic and international programs
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate
- Majoring in public policy, political science, government, foreign/international affairs, gender studies, or other related fields
- Interest in and knowledge of the sustainable development goals, international women’s advocacy, international development, human rights and/or women’s leadership
- Independent worker, but team-oriented professional
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong research, writing, analytical and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Excellent communications and digital media skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, online portal management, document formatting
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit an online application through this link: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6922832/Issue-Advocacy-Fall-2022-Internship-Application
Applications must include the following in order to be considered for review:
- Cover letter
- Availability (specify if you are applying for full-time or part time, if you are available part time, include the days and times when you could work)
- Two references (including contact information)
Complete applications will be reviewed after the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. If you have any questions please email VVEngage@vitalvoices.org.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.