Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Internship
Vital Voices seeks spring interns to support the work of the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Department, which encompasses the Global Ambassadors Program, Fortune-U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership, and VV GROW Fellowship.
- Global Ambassadors Program – A Vital Voices and Bank of America signature partnership to advance women’s economic empowerment through leadership development and skills-building. The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) connects extraordinary women leaders to a unique week-long mentorship opportunity, including one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
- VV GROW Fellowship: a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small- and medium-sized businesses around the world. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact. Through global online and in-person interventions, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans.
- Fortune-U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership: is a public-private partnership between Fortune Most Powerful Women, the U.S. Department of State, and Vital Voices Global Partnership. The program draws on the expertise of America’s most accomplished leaders to enhance the business and leadership skills of international women professionals. Over the course of the month-long program, mentees engage in skills trainings, panel discussions, networking events, and a two-week mentorship with top female executives – Fortune’s Most Powerful Women – and their teams.
The internship requires a commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns or minimum of 24 hours per week for part-time interns. Applicants with full-time availability will be more competitive. This internship is unpaid, though Vital Voices complies with university requirements for internship credit.
- Spring internship – January to May
- Summer internship – May to August
- Fall internship – September to December
The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is unpaid, though Vital Voices complies with university requirements for internship credit. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about program development and pressing global women’s issues. Interns are an integral part of the team and will be able to perform substantive work. Economic Empowerment Program Staff will work with interns to develop their professional skills and knowledge.
About Vital Voices:
In 1997, Vital Voices was created to make space for women to be heard. Our founders knew then what has now become a universal truth: that women are essential to progress in their communities. Our world cannot move forward without their full participation. Today, our organization is the product of the women we have worked with, their insights into leadership, and our changing world.
We search the world for a woman leader with a daring vision. Then we partner with her to make that vision a reality. Through long-term investments that expand her skills, connections and visibility, we accelerate her efforts, improving the world for us all. Our groundbreaking approach is divided into four areas of focus: individualized investments, signature programs, network activation & advocacy, and thought leadership.
To learn more about our programs, visit: https://www.vitalvoices.org/what-we-do/
- Assist with logistics and administration for international and domestic programs
- Develop and edit materials for programs
- Draft articles and blog posts
- Support program social media activities
- Contribute to data entry, database management, and monitoring and evaluation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues, international development and/or leadership
- Experience coordinating logistics for programs and events
- Strong organizational, writing, and administrative skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and social media
- Experience with research and data management for qualitative and quantitative projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability manage multiple projects/tasks at once
- Strong research and analytical skills
Other Desired Characteristics:
- Knowledge in Salesforce or InDesign
- Advanced Excel skills, proficiency in STATA preferred
Please e-mail your resume; a cover letter indicating your availability (full-time or part-time) and your potential start date; and one writing sample of three pages to Dalin Nhean, Program Coordinator at email@example.com by April 15. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please write the subject line of your email as the following: “YEAR_ SEMESTER _Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Internship_FirstName LastName”