Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Team Internship
Vital Voices is seeking three interns to work closely with the Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Department, which implements the VV GROW Fellowship, a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small- and medium-sized businesses. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact. Through global online and in-person interventions, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. As a result, they amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to ultimately create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits. The internship requires an ideal commitment of 40 hours per week for full-time interns, or 20 hours a week for part-time interns. This is an unpaid internship, though Vital Voices will comply with university requirements for internship credit.
• Support the team in preparing for and planning for the program events;
• Assist with the execution of marketing and communications strategy;
• Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners and pro-bono service providers;
• Monitor survey implementation and assist with quantitative and qualitative data management;
• Contribute development and integration of content in VV GROW Fellowship;
• Provide administrative support and create project management tools.
• Passion for the projects that Vital Voices supports;
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
• Patience under pressure;
• Strong research and analytical skills;
• Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong communications/interpersonal skills;
• Fluency or proficiency in Spanish, French, Portuguese, and/or Arabic, preferred;
• Previous international travel experience;
• Experience in event planning/execution.
To apply: Please e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org using “DESIRED SEMESTER Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
o Letter of interest indicating weekly availability and expected start/end date
o Writing sample (two pages maximum)
o Two references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.