Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices seeks a creative professional to provide support, strategic guidance and a unique voice to the organization’s brand narrative and presence across all communications and marketing channels. The Director of Communications & Digital Marketing will leverage Vital Voices’ programs and mission to strengthen the organization’s value proposition; actively steward the organization’s narrative and messaging; extend its reach and cultivate supporters; complement ongoing and event-driven media relations and fundraising activities; support members of the Global Leadership Network; and drive content for and traffic to the website, e-mail and social media outlets to promote the organization’s brand.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In conjunction with the Chief Development and Communications Officer, work across departments to create and implement a strategic marketing and communications strategy that advances Vital Voices’ goals and activities across a range of regional and issue-area programs, events, partnerships and branded intellectual property.
· Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to set and measure clear marketing outcomes aligned with the Vital Voices’ mission and goals
· Craft internal communications toolkit to provide talent and programs teams guidance for developing values-based messages that engage core audiences and help shape the public dialogue
· Actively cultivate relationships with and regularly pitch stories to media outlets and other content partners
· Manage public relations communications including driving media engagements, and thought leadership efforts for senior leaders
· In partnership with the external graphics designer, manage the creation of organization’s marketing materials, including the annual report, identity brochures, fundraising appeals,
· Curate and create engaging and effective content to accurately reflect the narrative on Vital Voices website and social media outlets on a daily basis
· Monitor trends in NGO media communications and recommend strategies for positioning VV as a leader in the global women’s leadership space
· Build digital brand awareness by managing content, look, feel and function of all online properties, as well as helping to drive external traffic to vitalvoices.org, affiliated sites and social networking platforms by keeping sites and profiles fresh, engaging and on message
· Craft and distribute press releases and media advisories
· Write blogs, posts, and other branded content as needed
· Manage media intelligence platform (Meltwater)
· Manage the Digital Communications Specialist to:
o Organize content for and write initial draft of bi-monthly newsletter
o Support and produce other online updates, alerts and campaigns, and special feature content including for micro-sites and portals, interactive and other programmatic content
o Support email invitations and reminders, donation pages and responses, event pages and responses and surveys via MailChimp in collaboration with development team growth
o Participate in the daily maintenance of the Vital Voices website and affiliate sites, including content updates, content management system maintenance and preparing assets for posting including photographs, videos, MSWord documents, PDFs and graphic images.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· Experience in all types of digital marketing with a proven track record in the coordination of marketing across all digital channels including emails, social and web; campaign analysis including open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates
· Creative, out-of-the box thinker with a passion for women’s issues and creating social change
· Great sense of humor, flexibility, team player, positive attitude ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
· Preferably 7+ years of experience working in a non-profit, agency setting, or media organization positioning and promoting brand
· Relevant education or experience in media relations
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· Experience using common content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress
· Experience managing social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
· Online production experience including newsletters, donations pages and e-mails working with CRM solutions such as MailChimp and Salesforce
· Basic Adobe Photoshop and Design skills
· Video shooting and editing skills a plus
· Advance knowledge of Google Analytics
· Bachelor’s degree is required
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e9k6
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.