Development & Engagement Intern
Vital Voices is seeking up to two interns to work closely with the Development and Communications team. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on and learn about all phases of the development and engagement process including prospect research, external events, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Interns are considered an integral part of the team and attend team meetings and planning sessions. The work location for these positions will be in Washington, D.C. These are non-paid positions. However, interns may receive academic credit for their internship with cooperation from their university. Working remotely is not available for this position. Full time internships require a minimum of 35 hours/week commitment and part-time internships require a minimum of 20 hours/week. Applications are accepted for fall, spring and summer terms.
• Create in-depth research documents on prospective funders including corporations, foundations and individuals;
• Support the Senior Director of Engagement in preparing for and planning organizational events.
• Assist in the maintenance of the organization’s donor database;
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
• Strong research and analytical skills;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills;
• Passion for the work that Vital Voices does around the world;
• Knowledge of Salesforce or other donor management systems;
• Background in fundraising;
• Experience in event planning/execution.
Please email the following to Madeleine Boyd, Coordinator, Development and Communications, MadeleineBoyd@vitalvoices.org, and Christi Owiye, Digital Communications Coordinator, ChristiOwiye@vitalvoices.org using “ DESIRED SEMESTER Development and Engagement Internship – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
• Letter of interest
• Resume indicating weekly availability and expected start/end date
• Two references with contact information
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position open until filled. Applicants must indicate if they are available full time or part time. If applicant is available for part time, please note which days and times available.
No phone calls please.