Organization and Team:
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices seeks a Development Coordinator committed to cultivating support for a dynamic organization that supports women leaders around the world. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with careful attention to detail and ability to process financial documents, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure and a passion for Vital Voices’ work. The coordinator will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
- Manage, Maintain and Monitor Donor Relations Management Systems and Databases: Maintain foundation, corporation, government and individual donor files using Salesforce CRM.
- Development Reporting: Support development staff by regularly reporting on organizational revenue and outstanding pledges.
- Gift Processing and Acknowledgement: Process all financial gifts as directed by senior Development and Strategic Partnerships staff. This will include and can range from credit card processing, online payment processing and check payment management, as well as any invoices requested by managers in the organization. In addition to this, this role will manage donor acknowledgment process by drafting acknowledgment letters, preparing tax receipts and making follow-up phone calls. This role will work closely with Finance and Administration Department to reconcile Development and Finance records weekly.
- Administrative and Operational Support: Provide executive support to Chief Development Officer and senior Development & Strategic Partnerships staff to support the goals of the department, including drafting and updating gift agreements, creating invoice, managing payment and procurement requests, overseeing financial reconciliations following major fundraisers and other needs as they arise.
- Prospect Research: Provide research support for Development & Strategic Partnerships team, identifying prospective new donors and partners. Research corporations, foundations, major donors, government and other prospects for cultivation and stewardship, along with related tasks, including planning and scheduling of meetings.
- Cross Team Collaboration: Work closely with the team to execute Development & Strategic Partnerships team goals and plans. Provide support for annual and special fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Document Preparation: Help draft and edit written materials for direct mail appeals and major donors. This role will prepare a detailed report to be presented by Chief Development Officer to the Senior Leadership Team on a weekly basis. This report will include all past donations, outstanding proposals, proposals in development and more.
- Logistics Support: Coordinates travel and logistics for Development & Strategic Partnerships team members.
- Collateral Distribution: Lead the Vital Voices collateral distribution process for domestic and international mailings, including Vital Voices: 100 Women Using Their Power to Empower book, annual donor gifts, fundraising appeals, annual reports and other donor correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intern Management: Manage seasonal cohorts of 1-3 interns after conducting a comprehensive and timely hiring process for said interns. The Development Coordinator will guide interns through a comprehensive training and onboarding process with each cohort and proceed to assign them any development tasks from upper-level development staff. Schedule, plan, and lead weekly meetings to gauge their capacity and provide professional development opportunities and training.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with donors, board members, corporate and NGO partners, volunteers, and vendors.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with grace under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly grasp conceptual plans and implement them in a timely manner with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments.
- Strong computer and database management skills – experience with Salesforce and/or Wealth Engine considered a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of non-profit or campaign development/fundraising or internship experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds at times.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/dvnq
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.