Vital Voices Global Partnership, a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political and public leadership seeks a Development & Engagement Staff Assistant, an Entry level position, to provide support for 8-person development and communications team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure and a passion for Vital Voices’ work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
Execute administrative and logistical tasks to support team.
- Performs administrative or operational processes that support the goals of the department
- Coordinates travel and logistics for team members
- Assists in payment reconciliations for development team
- Conducts research, writing and/or program support projects
- Assists in budget and budget processes for the department
Support all team functions, including fundraising, communications and engagement events
- Participate in the development and execution plans for existing and future events
- Participate in the development and execution of annual fundraising strategy
- Assist with the activities of vendors and support units engaged in special events functions
- Assist in follow up and stewardship with event donors and supporters
Manage and maintain event management systems and databases
- Enter and maintain data on engagement activities
- Help maintain Mailchimp, Wealth Engine, Salesforce databases and various listservs
- Help create invitations and other mass communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with donors, board members, corporate and NGO partners, volunteers, and vendors
- Good writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with grace under pressure in a fast paced-environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments
- Strong computer and database management skills, in-depth understanding of Excel required. Experience with Splash, MailChimp, Wealth Engine and Salesforce a plus.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, D.C. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/bk1f
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.