Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years, we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Data Engineer has the ability to come in and give back with their skills and talents to better the world and unlock underrepresented voices through innovative data and technology solutions. By further connecting data from multiple sources, the Data Engineer will drive Vital Voices’ ability to share the full story of impact and help build the connective tissue around all of the diﬀerent networks around the world, thus accelerating the organization’s core initiatives.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build data lakes for unstructured data and create a data warehouse that has the ability to feed oﬀ of other sources, such as Salesforce
- Implement solutions to intake data from multiple sources and create a cohesive story around interconnected data
- Drive and iterate on the vision for Data Engineering at Vital Voices, while contributing to the direction of the Data and Technology organization more broadly
- Collaborate with Data Analysts and key cross-functional stakeholders to translate that vision into a concrete roadmap
- Inform technical decisions, establish best practices, and develop lightweight processes to ensure execution against that roadmap
- Partner with the Technology organization to inform the development of new tools and data platform improvements
- Expand the impact and reach of data at Vital Voices, including through self-serve data tooling and the development of high-quality and trustworthy foundational data sets and external-facing dashboards
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, with a focus on big data technologies
- Proﬁciency in AWS cloud platform
- Strong programming skills in Python, with experience building data pipelines, data manipulation, and automation tasks
- Understanding and practical experience with Pandas library for manipulation and analysis
- Proﬁciency in PySpark for distributed data processing and ETL tasks
- Familiarity with Petl for managing and automating data workﬂows
- Experience with CRM systems, understanding their data structures, and integrating them into
- Knowledge of CDPs and experience in working with customer data for segmentation, analysis, and
- Expertise in designing and implementing ETL processes, ensuring data quality, reliability, and
- Understanding of data modeling concepts, database systems, and SQL for data retrieval and
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and methodologies
- Proﬁciency in data integration techniques and tools
- Knowledge of data governance and security best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with large datasets and identify patterns, trends, and insights
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and demonstrate success within a smaller company environment with fewer resources
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Mission-driven with strong values and commitment to social good
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. All staff are expected to be in the office twice a week. We are not considering remote candidates at this time. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $131,402-$168,000 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/g3tf
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.