Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders taking on the world’s greatest challenges and accelerates collective action towards an equitable and sustainable world.
Organizational Goals 2030
- Scale our proven investment model from 20,000 to 50,000 women leaders – who together will positively impact the lives of one billion people.
- Make a measurable impact on 1-2 of the greatest challenges as defined by the Vital Voices Global Network – proving the power of collective action.
The Technical Project Manager – Digital Transformation will help Vital Voices become more productive and effective by digitizing traditional processes and procedures (e.g., driving technology adoption, complex system integrations and support the development of digital & data solutions). This position is responsible for providing project planning and management for complex integration initiatives with top-down oversight from inception to completion. This role will provide technical insights, technical requirements, accelerate data driven digital change and adoption, and ultimately increase productivity and outcomes through digital solutions.
This is a hybrid position and requires a minimum of 2 days in office. We are not accepting remote candidates at this time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for overseeing complex integrations for Tech + Data projects including but not limited to project design, development, and implementation.
- Creates and manages integrated project plans for digital transformation initiatives and partners with Tech & Data (Tech Ops, Data, Engineering, and Product Management) and other key stakeholders to understand the requirements for use cases and manage overall success
- Facilitates requirements gathering and assists with the creation of integration plans.
- Provides technical support to matrix teams by providing technical guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Monitors and reviews technical project progress and timelines; adjusts schedules and plans as needed; identifies and resolves issues to ensures project success.
- Handles daily execution of technical integrations, implementations, documentations, and status updates.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals
- Ensure effective adoption of major digital infrastructure projects in close collaboration with VP of Tech and Data and other key stakeholders.
- Drives the identification of change management impacts in coordination with the change management team.
- Provides successful oversight of execution activities to ensure adoption and adherence.
- Supports department KPIs and responsible for the publishing of critical metrics and key results.
- Develops and cultivates great cross-functional team partnerships.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment, and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices’ organization culture and success
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (4) years of infrastructure management, software engineering, or technical product/program management experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Experience in delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery, having worked closely with digital product and data analytics.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience with large-scale technical implementations, having managed cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Self-organizing and self-starting, with the ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Ability to build strong partnerships working with Tech & Data staff and other key stakeholders across Vital Voices.
- Agile, user centric approach.
- Ability to build cooperative work environment and to understand and analyze existing processes and procedures.
This position is a contract hybrid position based in Washington, DC with two days of required in person attendance at the Vital Voices Headquarters.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/guyf
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.