Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a talented early career professional in the position of Compliance and Budget Assistant. The Compliance and Budget Assistant will provide administrative support for day-to-day award budget management, financial vetting of new sub-awardees and urgent assistance referral partners, and additional support as needed under the direction of the Compliance & Budget Senior Specialist. In addition, the Compliance and Budget Assistant will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences. This position is based in Washington, DC and it is a hybrid role, with two required in-person days per week.
- Administrative Assistance: Organize and maintain compliance-related files; Provide administrative support to Compliance team including reviewing reports, receipts, and processing payment requests.
- Subaward and Referral Partner Reporting and Monitoring: Review subaward reports and flag inconsistencies to compliance and budget specialists; Provide support for referral partner risk assessments, financial vetting, and other monitoring throughout the fiscal year.
- Data Entry: Perform detailed data entry in a variety of platforms, including Salesforce and SharePoint.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents related to the Compliance team.
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, finance, or related field with 1-3 years of experience in administration or program support.
- Experience or familiarity with subawards a plus;
- Familiarity with US government award rules and regulations (2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 600) a plus;
- Experience with project management tools such as Salesforce, Asana, a plus;
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize work, execute exceptionally well, and deliver high-quality results within very tight timelines with minimal supervision, on time;
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices mission values.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. We are looking to start this position as soon as possible.
The starting salary range for this position is $43,905-53,661 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The Urgent Assistance Program requires working with explicit information on gender-based violence that may expose staff to secondary trauma.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/fgze
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.