Vital Voices is seeking a communications intern. The candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of an integrated Development and Communications department that leverages web, e-mail, social media and traditional media outlets to guard and promote the organization’s image and thought leadership; extend its reach and cultivate supporters; complement ongoing and event-driven media relations and fundraising activities; support women leaders in our Global Leadership Network; and promote all regional and issue-area programmatic activities. The work location for this position will be in Washington, D.C. and requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week. This is a non-paid position. However, interns may receive academic credit for their internship with cooperation from their university. Working remotely is not available for this position. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit to an entire semester.
• Draft and posting social media content across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
• Assist with minor web edits through WordPress platform;
• Track and monitor media and news;
• Contribute to blog, e-newsletter and other online communications projects;
• Research and content planning;
• Other tasks as required.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or recent university graduate;
• Demonstrated interest in global women’s development and advocacy;
• Excellent writing and editing skills;
• Strong research and analytics skills;
• Superior computer literacy and previous experience with social media management and multimedia creation;
• Basic knowledge of CMS web management and web coding;
• Familiarity with new media concepts, e.g. two-way engagement, analytics/measurement, etc.;
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated and creative;
• Able to work independently and as a team member;
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs a plus.
Please email the following to Jenna Sumar, Digital Communications Coordinator, at JennaSumar@vitalvoices.org, using “DESIRED SEMESTER Communications Internship – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your email.
• Cover Letter
• A unique fact about yourself
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Please no Phone Calls