1. Our Mission
The goal of Vital Voices is to identify, invest in and bring visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities. Thus, the content of the Site is provided for informational purposes only and in furtherance of our mission.
2. Copyright Ownership
The Site contains copyrighted material and other proprietary information, including comments, articles, information, catalogs, brochures, data, text, software, photos, video, audio and graphics (“Content”). This Content is subject to copyrights owned by Vital Voices and other individuals or entities and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. To make a complaint about a copyright violation on the Site, click here.
Content and features on the Site are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of Vital Voices. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Vital Voices and its licensors.
3. Use of Vital Voices Content
You may use the Site and the Content offered on the Site only for internal purposes. Vital Voices authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you do not remove the copyright and other proprietary rights notices which were contained in the Content. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit the Content of this Site or any portion of it. You may not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Content, frame any portion of the Site or Content, or reproduce, reprint, copy, store, publicly display, broadcast, transmit, modify, translate, port, publish, sublicense, assign, transfer, sell, loan, or otherwise distribute the Content without our prior written consent. You may not circumvent any mechanisms included in the Content for preventing the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Content.
4. Trademark Rights
The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of Vital Voices belong exclusively to Vital Voices and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. All other trademarks, services marks, and logos (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of Vital Voices or any third party.
5. User Submissions, Forums and Public Areas
USE OF VITAL VOICES’S FORUMS AND PUBLIC AREAS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
Certain places within the Site, such as forums, blog pages or other public areas, may allow users to post comments or communications that are publicly accessible and non-confidential. The content and communications posted within these areas is largely controlled by our users. The views expressed in content appearing in discussion forums are entirely those of the originators, and should not be attributed in any manner to Vital Voices, its affiliated organizations, or members of its Board of Directors or the organizations they represent. Vital Voices has no control over such content and cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any such content or communications. Thus, the responsibility for what is posted on these pages of the Site lies with each user -- you alone are responsible for material you post.
Vital Voices does not claim ownership of any information or material you transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store on, to, or through the Site. Therefore, by submitting any such material or communication to the Site, you warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any content or communications submitted by you to the Site and that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes upon or violates any rights of any party. By submitting communications or content to any part the Site, you agree that such submission is non-confidential and is not otherwise protected by any other law, including privacy, publicity, copyright or trademark law.
In cases where you believe a person(s) has breached the terms and conditions of the Site, please contact Vital Voices IMMEDIATELY. Do not attempt to contact the person yourself and do not post derogatory comments in any public areas on the Site.
6. License Grant
If you make any such submission, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted Vital Voices, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content material in any media or medium, or any form, format, or forum now known or hereafter developed. Note that if the terms of this Section 6 conflict with the terms of any other agreement that you have entered with Vital Voices, the terms of that Agreement shall control.
7. Rules for Posting Questions and Comments in Forums and Public Areas
1. Posts that contain your full name(s), or any other confidential identifiable information of yourself or others.
2. Using a public area for any purpose in violation of local, state, federal, or international laws;
3. Posting material that infringes on the rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, publicity or privacy rights.
4. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Vital Voices in its sole discretion.
5. Posting advertisements, solicitations or spam links to other websites or individuals, without prior written permission from Vital Voices.
6. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes.
7. Impersonating another business, person or entity, including Vital Voices and its employees and agents.
8. Registering under more than one name and/or e-mail address.
9. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
10. Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
11. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
12. Posting any communications that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
13. Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the public area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Vital Voices, exposes Vital Voices or any of its customers, partners or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
14. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form.
- Record the dialogue in public areas on the Site.
- Terminate a user's access to any portions or pages of the Site .
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication made on the Site.
Vital Voices reserves the right to take any other action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, visitors, or the public.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” VITAL VOICES MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT OR COMMUNICATIONS ON THE SITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SERVICE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, VITAL VOICES DISCLAIMS IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE AND ALL SOFTWARE, CONTENT AND SERVICES, INFORMATION DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, TIMELY, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY VITAL VOICES OR A REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
When using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Vital Voices, its partners, advertisers, and sponsors. Accordingly, Vital Voices assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT IT IS ERROR-FREE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY SUPPORT SERVICES, WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE, AND ACCURATE OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT ALL TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING.
FURTHER, VITAL VOICES DOES NOT ENDORSE AND MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, INFORMATION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VITAL VOICES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTENT ON THE SITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SITE.
10. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Vital Voices, its partners, sponsors, advertisers, agents or licensors, or any third parties mentioned on the Site be liable for any damages resulting from the use or inability to use the Site, the Content or any communications of the Site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Vital Voices is advised of the possibility of such damages. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OTHER DISPUTE WITH VITAL VOICES IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
By using the Site you agree to indemnify and hold Vital Voices, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, attorneys, representatives and members harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, demands, suits, or causes of action (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising from your use or misuse of the Site.
If you believe any materials accessible on or from this website infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this website by contacting Vital Voices' copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Vital Voices’ agent for copyright issues relating to this website is as follows:
Vital Voices Global Partnership
1625 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 850
Washington, D.C. 20036
Tel: 202.861.2625 Fax: (202) 296-4142
Certain parts of the Site may require a password to enter. Users agree that they are responsible for all acts or omissions that occur on their account while their password is being used. It is the registered members' sole responsibility to (1) control the distribution of their passwords or account information; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of their Vital Voices account and password; (3) inform Vital Voices of any need to deactivate their password or change their registration, as soon as possible. Vital Voices reserves the right to access and disclose any information, including, without limitation, user names of accounts and other information, to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests.
14. Links to Third-Party Services
From time to time, this Site may offer you links to other websites on the Internet. These sites are not under the control of Vital Voices, and Vital Voices is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, or any other aspect of these third party websites. The inclusion of such links on the Site is not an endorsement by Vital Voices in favor of the website, or the products or services offered on such site.
16. Jurisdiction & Choice of Law
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Vital Voices, or in any way relating to your use of the Site, resides in the courts of the District of Columbia and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the District of Columbia in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving Vital Voices or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.