Voces Vitales Panama - Donor Trip Update
Vital Voices Board Chair Susan Davis and Vice President of Development Bobbie Greene McCarthy led the first donor trip to Panama, providing donors and supporters an opportunity to experience the work and the impact of Voces Vitales Panama, one of seven Vital Voices Chapters in the region.
The delegation enjoyed a packed week, featuring:
- Personal stories of the chapter’s mentors and mentees at The City of Knowledge
- Visit to the Ella Drua Embera-Woounaan community, arriving by canoe to experience the eco-tourism work of mentee Isabella Carpio
- Private tour of the Panama Canal and the yet to be opened magnificent Frank Gehry BioMuseo
- Reception hosted by U.S. Ambassador Jonathan Farrar at the embassy
- Visit to the Kuna Yala on San Blas led by Kuna entrepreneur Deidamia Lopez
- Special luncheon hosted by APEDE, the most prominent entrepreneurs organization in Panama.
Davis also signed a watershed agreement on behalf of Vital Voices with the National Commission Against Trafficking in Persons in Panama to provide technical assistance and training to the Commission and women’s organizations as they begin to implement Panama’s new law against human slavery and trafficking in persons.